Surprisingly decent Chinese “Tactical Black” Stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Surprisingly decent Chinese “Tactical Black” Stiletto

Post by Mario »

Scored this one from a local fleatique place. It’s very nice for a cheaper Chinese knife. Got it for $25. It reminds me of a Frank B Tactical Black Stiletto. It’s 10.5 inches opened, measured from tip to bottom. Has a good spring, but you got to be careful closing it sometimes. It may appear to be closed in completely but then it will suddenly spring out on you. Just got to be sure you hear the click. So not without flaws, but very well built and feels good in hand.
Attachments
5668129B-5872-4536-820F-9698FBF46A31.jpeg
5668129B-5872-4536-820F-9698FBF46A31.jpeg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
button_man

Re: Surprisingly decent Chinese “Tactical Black” Stiletto

Post by button_man »

I have found that it helps to press the blade in right opposite the deployment button, instead of further down.
Your button is a little high, so try pressing the blade closed right where the safety slot begins. Hopefully this will help....

This one would look better without the stupid nail nick; but even so you can't beat it for the price.
I like to have some cheapies for "click therapy" - - I can play with them and not worry about wearing out my good stuff.

The important issue here: is that a knife-fight scar on your left thumb?
Mario

Post by Mario »

Haha! Was wondering if someone would notice that. The point of this fellow swiped my thumb while I was sharpening her. Could’ve been worse! It’s healed up well. Can never be too careful!🙂
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

I got that same one several years ago and it's pretty sturdy. However, mine doesn't stay closed and I didn't feel it was worth paying to repair.
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

That would worry the heck out of me! (There's nothing more ignoble than a knife that would bite the hand that paid for it)! :? :roll:

Next thing you know, you'll be spotting it on "Lifestyles for the poor and ignominious". :P
Fishtail Picklock