Heads up swingguard collectors

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Heads up swingguard collectors

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Walt is very conscientious about what he sells.
I agree with Jim, also.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Bernie has a beef with Frank. After doing business with him for as long as I can remember, something happened. I don't know what.

The knives are all nice: but none are worth what you all are paying (imo). But you guys are paying it so they must be worth it to you.

Money, work, value, all means different things to all of us. No right or wrong, just different ways of looking at things.

What ever makes you happy and is legal and moral- who gives a shit.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

No non-custom modern knife is worth more than 250-300 in my opinion.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

I 100% agree that "value" - just like beauty - is in the eye of the beholder, especially when it comes to collector-type knives like these. It's not about function or utility.

If you try to find one of the Walt's flatguards, you'll find quickly that they are sold out on his site and generally hard to find available for sale anywhere.

I would wager that these new swing guards will be the same.

Walt is bringing something to this collector base that many people are happy to add to their collections. I don't disparage anyone for doing so, regardless of how much they are willing to spend.

I would be embarrassed to tell a non-knife collector how much I've spent. Any reasonable person would probably think I should have my head examined.
-
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Join the club! I hate to think about how much money I've spent on knives over the years. Not like alot of people on the forum but the most I ever spent on one knife is $150.
2024 candidate for president
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

ljerr2 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:49 pm I would be embarrassed to tell a non-knife collector how much I've spent. Any reasonable person would probably think I should have my head examined.
-
I think the real reason people are cryptic about how much they spend on knives is in case it gets back to their wives.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Luke_of_Mass wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:15 pm
ljerr2 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:49 pm I would be embarrassed to tell a non-knife collector how much I've spent. Any reasonable person would probably think I should have my head examined.
-
I think the real reason people are cryptic about how much they spend on knives is in case it gets back to their wives.
I don't think you could be any more correct about that.....................
thom

Post by thom »

Luke, you are exactly right. As is ljerr. I am a sucker for nice horn. I will pay more for some killer horn.
Also remember that one of these days the Walts will be “vintage “
Bill you are also correct. Walt is very conscientious of his product, price and his customers. Walt is trying to bring new quality knives for us. It would be boring if he just made 1 style.
My 2 cents
Thom