ROMO with faux lock

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chris51P

Re: ROMO with faux lock

Post by Chris51P »

Jackalope wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:41 pm
Chris51P wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:50 pm
Jackalope wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:26 am

Yes as I mentioned above these are slip joint knives. There were never automatic Romo stamped knives with the slip joint. Terry Levigne did make some as you mentioned.
I was responding to the point that there were switchblades made like this. I pointed out the two that I have. I never said that either of mine was a Romo or stated that there were Romos as such. Another person made that claim and then retracted it.
Yes, I was agreeing.
👍
button_man

Post by button_man »

I don't think I've ever seen any slip-joint autos even in any of the reference books..... they must be really rare.
I look forward to seeing the photos when you post them!

Does anyone have any info regarding where and when laws existed that prohibited locking blades?

I missed the "derby guards" in that photo..... thanks for pointing that out!

I must say that all of this is new information for me, and extremely interesting....... thanks to everyone who weighed in....!
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

button_man wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:43 am I don't think I've ever seen any slip-joint autos even in any of the reference books..... they must be really rare.
I look forward to seeing the photos when you post them!

Does anyone have any info regarding where and when laws existed that prohibited locking blades?

I missed the "derby guards" in that photo..... thanks for pointing that out!

I must say that all of this is new information for me, and extremely interesting....... thanks to everyone who weighed in....!
You should probably buy a couple knife books like Switchblades of Italy.
Also there is tons of info on thiis forum as well as the Sharperdeals forum.