Rostfrei Brand!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TexasRed

Rostfrei Brand!!

Post by TexasRed »

Just kidding, I know Rostfrei is not a brand.

I got this knife today for $20. Not sure if it is old, new, good, crap. I know even if it is "trash" I like it for $20. However, I thought I should check with you guys and see if anyone has any idea of age or value (if any). I am assuming it has little to no value, but you know what happens when you assume. Safety works, blade pops out and locks most of the time, small crack in the scales.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
image_123927835.jpg
image_123927835.jpg (422.94 KiB) Viewed 866 times
image_123927834.jpg
image_123927834.jpg (571.26 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Rostfrei Brand!!

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Standard acrylic handled modern Italian knife probably made bt Armando Beltrame. Looks like someone may have done a little work on it from the rear bolster pin.
Good deal for $20!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Post by john »

I’m be guessing it’s from the 70s, if the blade is 3.5” it was made for the German market. At $20.00 you practically stole it. Cool stiletto!
Last edited by john on Fri May 28, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 pm Standard acrylic handled modern Italian knife probably made bt Armando Beltrame. Looks like someone may have done a little work on it from the rear bolster pin.
Good deal for $20!
Bill - Thanks. I suspected it was newer based on the handles but wanted to get others thoughts. I appreciate the info!
TexasRed

Post by TexasRed »

john wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:08 pm I’m be guessing it’s from the 70s, if the blade is 3.5” it was made for the German market. At $20.00 you practically stole it. Cool stiletto!
Thanks for the info. Got lucky and asked the antique guy if he had any hidden away. Pulled it right out of his desk drawer. Never hurts to ask!