Frank blade hole

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Frank blade hole

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Thanks for all the info, Ivano. I am curious if you ever build your own pieces, and if so how would we tell? seems everything is marked the same. Does Renzo Beltrame still make blades for the 13'' models?
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Belivi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 am Sorry I wrote in Italian. But why do I duplicate a message and I have 2 identical posts?
I removed one of your duplicate posts, Ivano. Not sure why it sometimes posts twice,
Belivi

Post by Belivi »

whippersnapper wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Belivi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 am Sorry I wrote in Italian. But why do I duplicate a message and I have 2 identical posts?
I removed one of your duplicate posts, Ivano. Not sure why it sometimes posts twice,

Grazie mille.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Thanks for all the info, Ivano. I am curious if you ever build your own pieces, and if so how would we tell? seems everything is marked the same. Does Renzo Beltrame still make blades for the 13'' models?
Luke_of _ Mass asked a great question. Will you please answer the question, if you know.

Thanks,
Peiper
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Are you sure that you mean Renzo Beltrame and or Renzo Pascote (sp? probably wrong)? I didn't think that Frank and Renzo Beltrame got along.

When I was there Frank actually assembled and fine tuned all the knives and Ivano helped make some of the parts. I had some pictures of that trip and some pretty good ones, I thought, of Frank and Ivano working and Sara showing us around but Can't seem to figure out how to post them here.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I heard somewhere that Renzo Beltrame was the only one with tooling for the 13'' blades and liners, and supplied them to Frank Beltrame and Armando Beltrame while he was still operating. Could be wrong though.

Also it seems Ivano is working with Frank for 20+ years at this point, I would love to know if he builds his own stuff/where to buy it. I've got 2+ generations of Beltrame knives (Frank B., BV&F, Bedima), sure would be cool to add another.
Markco the Mad otter

I had a BV&F manual for awhile and accidentally sold it. I was suppose to get it back but that never happened and now its been so long ago I would guess that it is gone for good.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

They are elusive stamps, I foolishly let one slip through my fingers about 4 months ago when Latham had one. I tried to bargain him down because it was sharpened and $200 more than a mint one I bought last Fall. Someone just swooped in and took it for asking price. The problem with stamps that only pop up once or twice per year is that it's tough to really place value on them since they don't change hands often and there isn't much of a benchmark to go off of, the way one might have a general sense of value from a Mario or Latama. Sorry to hear that happened with your manual. The community is small, though, here's hoping you get reunited with it one day
Markco the Mad otter

I'm just hoping that whoever ended up with it appreciates for what it is. Seems that I got it maybe on eBay for a very low price and I sent Sara Beltrame a picture of it to verify that it really was what I thought it was. Seems that they asked for dibs on it if I ever wanted to let it go. I mistakenly sold it along with quite a few other knives and it too.k me awhile to realize my blunder. Oh well.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Mario

Post by Mario »

Hi Ivano! I’m a big fan of Italian switchblades and love the work and contributions your family has brought to the world of cutlery. I have a Frank B 11” swinguard with a dagger grind. It’s one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Thanks for the information on the new knives and reason for the change in the holes.
Belivi

Post by Belivi »

Thanks Mario and to all the people who always encourage me in my work. It is for people like you that my company still believes in the switchblade.

Ivano Beltrame
Belivi

Post by Belivi »

Luke_of_Mass wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:24 pm Thanks for all the info, Ivano. I am curious if you ever build your own pieces, and if so how would we tell? seems everything is marked the same. Does Renzo Beltrame still make blades for the 13'' models?
Hi luke, I'm glad you ask me these questions. I'll wait for you in Italy so I'll show you what Frank and I are "doing". Visit ivo.bel on instagram. You will see a restoration done by me on a Beltrame Vittorio Bv & F belonging to my father, Frank, from the late 1960s.

Hello and have a good weekend

Ivano Beltrame.