Identification of old Italian switchblade.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Oldreb

Re: Identification of old Italian switchblade.

Post by Oldreb »

The blade stamp on your knife is Flli Di Iorio -- Frosolone. "Flli" is short for the Italian word "Fratelli" which translates to "Brothers". They operated a very active shop in Frosolone and produced some very fine switchblades in the Frosolone style. Yours is a very nice example. Wayne
Theowlhoothoot

Post by Theowlhoothoot »

Great info on the stamp, most other thing I was able to figure out but that just left me stumped. With the blade showing some age it was harder to read and I prefer to not clean any patina up. I'm more of a clock and watch collector but I imagine people prefer these unpolished as well.
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

Do not do anything to your Frosolone - leave it just like it is. When you close the blade be sure to depress the firing button until the blade is seated in the well and then release the firing button - this will avoid unnecessary wear on the sear pin. Wayne
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Theowlhoothoot wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:01 pm but I imagine people prefer these unpolished as well.
You are correct. Do not do anything.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

A little WD 40 on the blade would keep the rust down.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.