Knife or Gun Show Table

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DG Ralph

Knife or Gun Show Table

Post by DG Ralph »

Eventually I will be selling-off my collection of switchblades. Can't leave my wife with them, or take them to the grave, Hmmmm. I've often thought of taking a table at a show(s). But Where? Does anyone have any information on where this can be done legally, safely, preferably in the northeast, or not too far from there?
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Knife or Gun Show Table

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Not sure here "here" is for you, but the Mystic show is always a good one.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
john

Post by john »

Another knife show you might want to consider is the one in Marlborough, Massachusetts. It usually takes place in November.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

John,
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

there my be Marlborough knife show in September 2021.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There is a "For Sale" forum here at Talkblade.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

Thanks Bill , I'm going to use it. But I'm new to the forum and have to leave 20 posts before I can use it. BTW, you'll be hearing from me soon about a repair I wrote to you about MANY years ago and I didn't follow through on.
button_man

Post by button_man »

john wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:31 pm Another knife show you might want to consider is the one in Marlborough, Massachusetts. It usually takes place in November.

------------------------------------

I would not want to be caught with anything more lethal than a Styrofoam Pool Noodle in the Glorious People's Republic of Massachusetts.
I personally know somebody whose relative got stopped by the police there; they had him empty his pockets, and discovered a switchblade.
The court was bound by an automatic sentencing rule, and nothing could be done about it.... he was swiftly convicted and sent to prison for a YEAR.

"The body of Massachusetts law concerning knives is not easily capsulized. The primary statute regarding the possession and carrying of knives, found at 269 § 10 sub-section (b), is a single sentence consisting of almost 400 words. It states that one may not “carry on his person” – including in a vehicle – any: stiletto, dagger, ballistic knife, dirk knife, automatic knife having a blade longer than one and a half (1 ½) inches...."

-- https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/massachusetts/

"Information on knife laws, including those of a number of cities, can be found on Knife Rights’ LegalBlade App. However, because there are hundreds, if not thousands, of local knife regulations, it is impossible to list them all. In most cases, if you want to know local knife restrictions and bans, you will need to either locate the regulations online or contact the jurisdiction.

"In our experience law enforcement personnel are generally not a reliable source for accurate information on knife laws. You would want to inquire at the office of the District Attorney or equivalent, for the jurisdiction. Ask them to provide the actual language of the prohibition or restriction, as even they may be misinformed."

-- https://kniferights.org/how-to-find-local-knife-laws/
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i set up at the mass show for years with just auto's with no problems.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
button_man

Post by button_man »

You were fortunate to not have any problems. I'm just pointing out that legally, anyone who comes to the attention of the authorities might spend the next year in prison; emerge with a felony record; have his merchandise confiscated; and rack up thousands of dollars in attorney's fees while not being able to generate any income for a year. Also, now that rabid political fanatics seem to be running everything, there is an increased chance that shows like this could be targeted for action by these zealots.

This all seems like pretty hefty odds to have stacked against you. I marvel at the courage of those who choose to take the risk.... but I would not publicly sell knives in Massachusetts, not for anything.
Mario

Post by Mario »

button_man wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:55 pm You were fortunate to not have any problems. I'm just pointing out that legally, anyone who comes to the attention of the authorities might spend the next year in prison; emerge with a felony record; have his merchandise confiscated; and rack up thousands of dollars in attorney's fees while not being able to generate any income for a year. Also, now that rabid political fanatics seem to be running everything, there is an increased chance that shows like this could be targeted for action by these zealots.

This all seems like pretty hefty odds to have stacked against you. I marvel at the courage of those who choose to take the risk.... but I would not publicly sell knives in Massachusetts, not for anything.
It’s really that bad in Massachusetts? I thought the authorities pretty much leave gun and knife shows alone when it comes to things like autos. It seems like the only way anyone can get in trouble for them is if they’re caught carrying them in a place where they’re not supposed to or carrying them while committing a crime.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I have known people in Massachusetts who have gotten away with all kinds of outrageous stuff for years without ever getting into any trouble. But the problem with a show is that you are not only in full public view -- you are sitting there with your wares on display at an event which has been widely advertised (throughout a notoriously left-wing State) as an extravaganza created for the sole purpose of flaunting items that the citizens there utterly despise as absolutely the most hated objects in the entire world. Talk about being a stationary target.....! How do you know that some radical assistant D.A. won't decide to make a big name for herself by assembling a group of deputy sheriffs for a raid on the "racist white purveyors of violence and their weapons of evil"..... what a great chance to make a splash with the adoring media, and jump-start her political career.

It's one thing to quietly pass through enemy territory as you travel from one place to another. It's an entirely different matter to walk up to a violent psychotic and slap him in the face with a dead halibut. I sincerely hope that the show goes off without a hitch. But I say again: there is no inducement in the world that would motivate me to set up at a show in Massachusetts.
Mario

Post by Mario »

I guess there’s always a risk. You’re certainly right about Massachusetts. Definitely not a gun or knife friendly state. YMMV.
john

Post by john »

ALL KNIVES ARE LEGAL IN NH

Aug 21st, 2021
Concord Gun & Knife Show
Concord, NH

The New Hampshire Gun & Knife Show Calendar
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Mario

Post by Mario »

john wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:06 pm ALL KNIVES ARE LEGAL IN NH

Aug 21st, 2021
Concord Gun & Knife Show
Concord, NH

The New Hampshire Gun & Knife Show Calendar
Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are much pretty much the polar opposite on guns and knives compared to Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. I think stun guns and tasers are still banned in RI. VT still has that dumb three inch blade restriction on autos, but I don’t think it’s that strictly enforced.