Italian stiletto cm 12 by Lelle Floris

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sardinian Knives

Italian stiletto cm 12 by Lelle Floris

Post by Sardinian Knives »

Attachments
Italian stiletto cm 12 Lelle Floris.jpg
Italian stiletto cm 12 Lelle Floris.jpg (185.87 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
button_man

Re: Italian stiletto cm 12 by Lelle Floris

Post by button_man »

The blade seems suitably wicked; and I like the fancy embellishment around the deployment button..... but the rest of this knife does less than nothing for me. I simply don't see the point in making something deliberately look ugly, clunky, and graceless. Or perhaps the intent is an appeal to the 'steampunk' aesthetic and I am simply too provincial to appreciate it. Regardless, this thing looks like it was made around 1951 in a Soviet tractor factory.
john

Post by john »

I don’t like the distressed look. It looks beat up. I also don’t care for the top and bottom bolsters. With just a few changes and this knife would look awesome.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

People pay good money these days for pre-ripped and distressed blue jeans.
Once again at the risk of being a pain in the ass; where is the safety on this switchblade?
Sardinian Knives

These knives are reproductions of antique Italian knives of the 1800s where a safety was not provided, they are suitable to be kept in the bulletin board, not to be carried in your pocket
button_man

Post by button_man »

If this is intended as a reproduction of a 19-century knife, that must mean that you have authentic 19th-century switchblades that you are using as models for your current products. I am sure that many of us would be interested in seeing photos of the original knives, so that we can compare them to the more recent iterations. Would you be willing to post some photos of the old knives for us to see....?
Sardinian Knives

Most of the knives are copied from specialized magazines or from some book or some antique knife in the possession of private collectors. In the book `` Il coltello antico a scatto italiano '' you can find the original photos of the antique knives. However, I cannot publish the photos in the book because the photos are protected by copyright.
Attachments
Coltello antico a scatto.JPG
Coltello antico a scatto.JPG (86.4 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
Sardinian Knives

Lelle Floris is a Sardinian craftsman born in Ghilarza. He belongs to the third generation of a family of knife makers and gunsmiths who are very well known in Sardinia. He began to build knives of various types from an early age with preference for stilettos, switchblades and ancient historical types, both Italian and Spanish from different periods of the last two centuries. The creation of these knives in particular is the result of a careful study of the originals and their size, materials, weight as well as their construction techniques. All processes faithfully reflect what was done by the skilled craftsmen of that time. He obviously chooses carbon steel for the blade in order to have the distinctive patina of antiquity that it forms over the years. For the handles only natural materials are used, such as bone, horns, ivory and wood. The use of machines is limited exclusively to a bench drill and to very few others, the rest is done entirely by hand with simple tools. Each creation is therefore unique and unrepeatable. His knives are appreciated by collectors around the world, especially from the United States, Russia, Germany and Austria
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

Lelle Floris makes so many beautiful knives. But I just don't get this one. It leaves me cold.
Sardinian Knives

'In matters of taste, there can be no disputes'
Thanks for the frank and sincere discussion
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm sure someone will love it.
Sardinian Knives

Yes, someone liked the knife and was sold today in the USA. it is normal, however, that people have different tastes