3 Knives

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DG Ralph

3 Knives

Post by DG Ralph »

Has anyone ordered a knife from 3knives . And what was your experience with them?
Chris51P

Re: 3 Knives

Post by Chris51P »

Yes, I’ve bought several knives w/no issues. Quick shipping & knives as described.
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

Chris
Thanks that's good info. Their prices may be high but the selection is there.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Great to deal with, I had one order to my house in 4 days, believe it or not...
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

DG Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm Chris
Thanks that's good info. Their prices may be high but the selection is there.
Yes, they r pricey. Depends on how bad u want it.
john

Post by john »

Many times and each purchase and shipping has been a good experience.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

Thanks for all the info , guys.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

all good with me also.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Browsing their site with an eye to compare true pricing requires basic math.

1. Eliminate 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) by dividing posted price by 1.20
2. Convert Euros to USD. Today 1EUR = $1.18, so multiply result above by 1.18.

Today the USD result is pretty close to the EUR price, but EUR / USD exchange rate does vary, sometimes by a lot, so keep that in mind. Then there is shipping cost on top.

Bottom line, they have great selection and service.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

They have a great selection but shipping is $35 per order minium. But delivery is fast. I really suspect there AKC products and the Leverletto's. I've purchased AKC's from them and from DHGate in China. To me they are the same, 3 Knives claims made in Italy, I think not. No experience with there other brands.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

XBMX wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 am They have a great selection but shipping is $35 per order minium. But delivery is fast. I really suspect there AKC products and the Leverletto's. I've purchased AKC's from them and from DHGate in China. To me they are the same, 3 Knives claims made in Italy, I think not.
I've had many, many great purchases from Angelo at 3knives. I'm a really big fan of the Leverletto myself. Though I've never handled a counterfeit one from China, I STRONGLY suspect they are not "the same".

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

NO WAY. And if you buy obvious counterfeits from DHGate, you're part of the problem. Of course, IMHO.
The 4 day shipping I mentioned was $26...
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

XBMX wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 am They have a great selection but shipping is $35 per order minium. But delivery is fast. I really suspect there AKC products and the Leverletto's. I've purchased AKC's from them and from DHGate in China. To me they are the same, 3 Knives claims made in Italy, I think not. No experience with there other brands.
If you can't tell the difference between a fake DHGate Leverletto and a real one-with the knives side-by-side, your power of observation is very bad.
They most certainly are not the same. The construction, materials, and assembly are different.

To infer they are the same is saying that AKC sells counterfeit Chinese knives. That's ridiculous. Because YOU can't tell the difference, only shows that you know little about knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I'm the first person to admit that I am no expert when it comes to sniffing out fakes. I don't think that my powers of observation are particularly horrible.... it's mostly lack of knowledge and experience. I would very much appreciate turning this into a "teachable moment" if somebody could post a photo or two of a genuine AKC Leverletto and a fake one. The thread titled "FAKES" initiated on March 26 was extremely helpful and interesting and I would love to see more photo-and-description comparisons like this!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I'll post some pictures, but I don't have an extensive collection of fakes to show you.
The best thing to do is study genuine knives. Then, when you see something amiss it will raise red flags.
Of course, all of the Leverlettos on 3 Knives site are genuine-so it's a great reference site.
The counterfeits' characteristics change frequently, but genuine knives don't usually change much.
Some generalizations about fake Leverlettos:
Levers are usually steel, rather than nickel plated.
Lever spring is usually a hex screw.
Blades are thinner in profile.
Workmanship is shoddy- notice the blade peek on the fake.
Most have markings that look genuine- this one doesn't.
Usually the nickel silver bolsters are more "'brassy" than the real ones.
These are generalizations. Rather than look for specifics (specifics change) for fakes, look for specifics of the genuine articles.
Attachments
IMG_4704.JPG
IMG_4704.JPG (50.41 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4703.JPG (87.09 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
IMG_4702.JPG
IMG_4702.JPG (88.67 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.