3 Knives

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
button_man

Re: 3 Knives

Post by button_man »

Bill, that's a great presentation! Thank you so much!

One of the things that really gives me conniptions is differentiating between subtle color differences in metals -- my ability to distinguish similar colors, especially when they are very light or very dark, is worse than average and goes downhill even more when I'm looking at photos instead of being able to hold something in my hand and turn it at different angles to try to gain an overall impression of what I'm viewing.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Seeing the difference between nickel silver, some brass, nickel plating and chrome plating, stainless steel and polished steel is especially difficult in photographs.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
DG Ralph

Post by DG Ralph »

It's a crime, literally, what China is doing with all the counterfeits. Looking at DHGate's website you see the many top names being counterfeited. But the true shame is how many American vendors are selling them as authentic. Particularly the SKMs and Hubertus Guardians on Ebay. Sometimes it's really difficult to tell on the internet. If it's way too low, let it go.