CHRONOLOGICAL LIST of switchblades in movies

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
monstro

Re: CHRONOLOGICAL LIST of switchblades in movies

Post by monstro »

Char Lee 82 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:54 am The switchblades in (1984) The Terminator are 1960’s R. Zafrilla black swedge switchblades made in Spain
That is one that's bugged me for years.

Is that the same company which made the "Hellraiser" Swinguard, and the fix guard version?

I googled the name, saw a manual knife with similar detail in the bolster.

Or maybe it's just a design detail that was popular around that time?
TMD

Post by TMD »

Spotted one more in an old movie The Woman in Green from 1945
Its a Sherlock Holmes movie, a shoestring seller have an what looks Looks like an american side opening switchblade.

Thought I would share.
Dana Balinger

Post by Dana Balinger »

... "The Young Savages" (1961) starring Burt Lancaster must be included... several Italian stiletto switchblades shown in a great movie about NYC street gangs in the 1950's based on a true event....
savages8.jpg
savages8.jpg (7.39 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Beyond the Law from 1993 with Charlie Sheen features what looks to be a cream scaled Rizzuto with bayonet blade
Mario

Post by Mario »

There’s a stiletto in 1982’s Fighting Back. Gets pulled during a fight scene. There is also a stiletto in a fight scene in 1980’s The Ninth Configuration.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

There are SO MANY movies and tv shows with switchblades in them that we could only ever just scratch the surface.

But I'll mention one because it's also one of my favorite movies- "Abandon Ship" 1957.

Based on a true story (truly)- A luxury passenger ship sinks in the Atlantic ocean. A small group of passengers and crew survive, but there is only one small lifeboat, not big enough for everyone. Their only chance for survival is to row for Africa, but some of the survivors are weak and injured, and they have little provisions. The officer in charge has to make a choice between following the old rules of civilization- sacrifice the strong and try to save the weak and injured, in which case everyone will die, or, sacrifice the weak and injured, and give the strong a chance to survive, so at least some people will live.

There is a character in the film, one of the survivors, an Italian man, who carries and uses a large birds head switchblade.

The movie is available for free on Youtube.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
bryson123

Post by bryson123 »

Quite the list. Thanks for all the work.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I regret that health issues and computer problems have prevented me from maintaining the List with updates.

Not sure if / when conditions will change..... hopefully sometime in 2024..... time will tell....

Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Hope you're better soon button_man.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Ignore this post,

Took a second look and spotted the one I was going to point out... :oops:

Thanks for the list,

Cheerio,
Roy