Closing a picklock one handed...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
monstro

Closing a picklock one handed...

Post by monstro »

How difficult is it to close a picklock one-handed? Have seen a Campolin Picklock i love the look of, but knives that have to be closed two handed bug me.

It seems like a strange question to ask, i know. But since i have never owned a picklock, i do have to ask.

(Thanks :))
whippersnapper

Re: Closing a picklock one handed...

Post by whippersnapper »

Most are difficult for me just using "only" one hand. If I lift on the tab with thumb and pointer finger and close blade with my leg, I guess you could call that "one hand and a leg". lol

I haven't owned very many picklocks- or practiced much. The ones I did own differed in difficulty. I always liked the larger tabbed ones.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

monstro wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:06 pm How difficult is it to close a picklock one-handed? Have seen a Campolin Picklock i love the look of, but knives that have to be closed two handed bug me.

It seems like a strange question to ask, i know. But since i have never owned a picklock, i do have to ask.

Practice grasshopper.
2024 candidate for president
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I can close the smaller picklocks with one hand, the bigger they are the harder and depending on how much give the locktab has.

On the off chance you only have one functional hand, you are actually exempt from some switchblade bans in several jurisdictions, I believe.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Stick with a swivel bolster.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i only have 1 picker and it can easyly be closed with one hand
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

monstro wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:06 pm How difficult is it to close a picklock one-handed? Have seen a Campolin Picklock i love the look of, but knives that have to be closed two handed bug me.

Mr. Monstro,

The Italians conquered this problem by inventing the swivel bolster years ago. Or was it Bill DeShivs...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson