Quality

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: Quality

Post by whippersnapper »

A couple outstanding knives!
button_man

Post by button_man »

Thanx WS !! My only regret is that the Abalone is not a swinguard.... if it was a swinguard, I would probably marry it..... oops.... TMI.....
cameronknives

Post by cameronknives »

With all the switchblades Ive made over the years Ive never put safety's on mine as they will eventually fail. As I've said many times Italian stiletto's are beautiful to look at but over a period of time if you "play" with them they are all self destructing knives. Loose blades, Sear hole problems, peeking blades, safety failure, broken springs , and warped scales.
Any questions ask Bill how often he's asked to repair them.

George
Cameron Custom Knives
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

very nice examples button_man

George - great to see you post

Jim
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I have broken the spring on an Italian .. the first switch I ever bought was a swivel bolster german import with the short blade.. the guy I bought it from had for a year or so and had already fired it for everybody in our school .. I finally convinced him to sell it to me and fired that thing for about three years before the spring finally snapped. I still have it and even though I know Bill or Jeremy could fix it I like it just the way it is .. tarnished, busted and full of memories
button_man

Post by button_man »

Thanks jim! I was sort of surprised that the Abalone is marked "2019" -- I didn't realize that these big beefy oversize pieces were still being made....
JPD1998

Post by JPD1998 »

I just got two current production Frank B's and couldn't be happier with what I received.

One is an 11" with acrylic dark horn, the other a 9" in real blond horn.

Both are superbly made and much better than anticipated. I was actually hesitant about buying the blond horn, because I read some negative comments about the quality of the horn, but it's perfect.
Springs and blade appear to be a little thicker than some of my older Frank B's , but I don't have calipers to measure them.

Not a great picture of the 9", but i really like it ( the hole is oval)

TMD

Post by TMD »

Im very happy with my latest Frank B, its the 9incher with full flat grind, the blade is even sharp and could be used for more demanding stuff than opening letters. :)

JPD1998

Post by JPD1998 »

Here's a Frank B 7.5" in stag.
I bought this one a few months ago, it has the old style blade hole.
The build quality on this one is nice too.