two piece spring question.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Erik131065

two piece spring question.

Post by Erik131065 »

by reading all the yahooing about a 2 piece spring I have one question. Is there any advantage over a one piece spring? Does it provide for harder fireing or is it just for historical reasons to make it period correct?

Thanks in advance.
whippersnapper

Re: two piece spring question.

Post by whippersnapper »

A big advantage is that it is much easier to repair if the kick spring breaks --although I have had Bill D fix a leverlock one piece spring by turning it into a 2 piece.
button_man

Post by button_man »

It's the same as the advantage presented by a two-piece bathing suit..... it's easier to get into!

That was a terribly "politically incorrect" statement and I am deeply ashamed. Please don't picket my house. Thank you.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

button_man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm It's the same as the advantage presented by a two-piece bathing suit..... it's easier to get into!

That was a terribly "politically incorrect" statement and I am deeply ashamed. Please don't picket my house. Thank you.
And get off too, to late for forgiveness for me.
2024 candidate for president
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

button_man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm It's the same as the advantage presented by a two-piece bathing suit..... it's easier to get into!

Hah, that's great - I'll have to remember that one.

But on a more serious note, the cyber police are already on their way to your place.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

It's the same as the advantage presented by a two-piece bathing suit..... it's easier to get into!

That was a terribly "politically incorrect" statement and I am deeply ashamed. Please don't picket my house. Thank you. It may be political incorrect but at least I can understand it. (;
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

And thank you all for your replies.