Trying to Identify 3 Different Stiletto Knives Including a Black Beauty

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
button_man

Re: Trying to Identify 3 Different Stiletto Knives Including a Black Beauty

Post by button_man »

jim ~ I can't find "Switchblades Exposed" available anywhere. Do you have a source?
And it looks like spellcheck has struck again! --for the record, the author is Doug Growitz.
I wish they would print another run of this book.... a lot of folks seem to want a copy.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

It took me a long time to find a copy of that one .. I finally found it on ebay. I do have an extra copy of Foreign Spring Steel if anybody is looking
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

button_man - I recommend following portlandmike's approach. It seemed that when the books were available there was contact info on the forums, but if it is out of print (?), I don't really know what to say.

Jim
button_man

Post by button_man »

portlandmike wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:06 pm I do have an extra copy of Foreign Spring Steel if anybody is looking
I might want it - - do you consider it a solid reference book; or is it more of a coffee-table book to thumb through and glance at the pictures....?
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

button_man wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:05 pm
portlandmike wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:06 pm I do have an extra copy of Foreign Spring Steel if anybody is looking
I might want it - - do you consider it a solid reference book; or is it more of a coffee-table book to thumb through and glance at the pictures....?
Honestly there is very little information in FSS ... lots of good pictures though
button_man

Post by button_man »

Thanks for the honest appraisal..... I guess I'll pass on it.... this site already provides plenty of opportunity to view wonderful knives that I'll never own....
HLangston

Post by HLangston »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm Not a Rizzuto fan, but yours was made in Japan.
This.

"Rizzuto" is Italian, "Milano" is a city in Italy (obviously), while "Estileto" is... Spanish.

And "Stainless Steel" is, well... fricking English.

People used to call them Mexican switchblades because they were sold in Tijuana. But they were manufactured in Japan.

Your picklock, though generically stamped, has an early feel to it. Like 1950-54. I may be wrong.

I have a manual Black Beauty picklock like yours, but in 18cm size with a regular perpendicular rather than parallel stamp. I like your little guy, though.
Herb
sqlshawn

Post by sqlshawn »

Thanks Herb! I appreciate the info.