45cm Renzo Pascotto Swinger

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
PlatonicSolid

45cm Renzo Pascotto Swinger

Post by PlatonicSolid »

Spotted this guy on the Bay while casually browsing this afternoon.. seemed like someone here might be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Itali ... SwCFBeh2Gy

Hope it’s ok to post this link 🤔
john

Re: 45cm Renzo Pascotto Swinger

Post by john »

Seems to me a very fair asking price for a 45 cm, Abalone s
scaled Renzo Pascotto swing guard. I sold my Stag for a little bit more.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
PlatonicSolid

Post by PlatonicSolid »

I think the price is good, if it were any horn I’d probably jump on it. Curious why someone in possession of such a knife would resort to listing it there though.. I imagine there would be plenty of interest either here, SD, or any number of FB groups. Does it seem suspicious or am I overthinking it?
john

Post by john »

I agree posting here or on SD’s auction site would be ideal.
I’m only guessing perhaps the seller isn’t aware of TB or SD ???
I wouldn’t be concerned.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

John got me hooked on Renzo Pascotto and was the sole force that provided me the opportunity to gather my small collection I have now. I’d love to have the piece the link shows. But alas, the price is good, wallet bare lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

This one’s been on eBay for quite some time. I’ve often wondered why it doesn’t sell.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Knives don't do well if they are started at a really high price. If they start low, they will very likely end up going that high but when they are listed at $800 they get ignored.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Wow!! It's a beauty, but starting out so high is not going to get any bids!

I discovered by checking out this knife that someone hacked into my account, deleted my feedback and identity, and renamed the account...with 0 feedback!! So, I lost all my feedback that I had acquired since 2002!!! Oh well, I had a good run there...it is where I started selling switchblades!! But it's okay, because I seldom used it in recent years.

I have not been on TB for a good while, and I'm really sorry about that!! I have been laying low since having the Covid-19 virus, but it's a pretty poor excuse. Sprink contacted me by email, and encouraged me to come back! :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
thom

Post by thom »

barshoo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 am Wow!! It's a beauty, but starting out so high is not going to get any bids!

I discovered by checking out this knife that someone hacked into my account, deleted my feedback and identity, and renamed the account...with 0 feedback!! So, I lost all my feedback that I had acquired since 2002!!! Oh well, I had a good run there...it is where I started selling switchblades!! But it's okay, because I seldom used it in recent years.

I have not been on TB for a good while, and I'm really sorry about that!! I have been laying low since having the Covid-19 virus, but it's a pretty poor excuse. Sprink contacted me by email, and encouraged me to come back! :D
Hey Barb, welcome back.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

barshoo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 am Wow!! It's a beauty, but starting out so high is not going to get any bids!

Good to see you back! Just yesterday I was thinking about a MIA post about you. Hope your feeling better from the covid.
2024 candidate for president
Mario

Post by Mario »

That’s a beautiful knife! Good thing he did the pictures in a way so it’s not obvious it’s an auto knife. That’s how eBay usually catches them and the listing gets pulled.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Mario wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:26 pm That’s a beautiful knife! Good thing he did the pictures in a way so it’s not obvious it’s an auto knife. That’s how eBay usually catches them and the listing gets pulled.
That is about the only way that one could slide a knife listing by eBay these days. Plus, eBay is making money off the poor sap on listing fees. (I understand that the listing has been up for quite a while). IMHO, the lister chose the cheapest way to list that knife, and still retain it if the knife does not sel for what he/she wants it to. :shock: :roll:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.