I just received a Cobratec Boker Plus Scale release knife from Grindworx

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TazmanTom

Re: I just received a Cobratec Boker Plus Scale release knife from Grindworx

Post by TazmanTom »

Pro Tech did not receive any royalties from this Boker marketed knife. Whiskers Allen and family do get royalties from Pro Tech on both knives he designed for them. The original larger one was from probably ten years ago. It is called the Magic, rerelease is the Magic 2. Sorry guys, getting old, my recall comes in spurts...
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Don't get me wrong, I have a Boker Plus Brad Zinker urban trapper flipper, the only flipper I own, that I love. It is Chinese made and quality. I bought it directly from Brad at the Gator show, so I know he got his cut.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The Cobratec looks like a decent knife. I thought about one a couple months ago because I like hidden release knives....But like often happens when I think for a second, I realize I don't need another knife. Yep, I know that statement is blasphemy to most of you....
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:00 am The Cobratec looks like a decent knife. I thought about one a couple of months ago because I like hidden release knives....But like often happens when I think for a second, I realize I don't need another knife. Yep, I know that statement is blasphemy to most of you....
I carry it quite a bit (even as I write this). It is a "low profile" knife that goes just about anywhere. It opens discreetly (if necessary) and gets the job done. No muss, no fuss.

I like it.
Fishtail Picklock
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Sure is good looking, I'm tempted.
monstro

Post by monstro »

TazmanTom wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 pm Just watched the video again. Dont see any difference in it and the BR1 Pro Tech, both bolster release. Bad enough to use the mechanism, but copying the pattern is going too far. The Pro Tech opens and closes with the bolster. Sorry, I personally have issue with rip offs of American products. Just me...
It's not just you.

in my experience, PT make quality knives backed up by pretty responsive customer service.

To me, it seems like there's a fundamental decency to the company.

IMO, they deserve to be supported.

I might be accused of bias, but i own ten of them. So think i should have a fair idea what they are about.

If this design appeals to you, i would encourage you to buy Pro-Tech's iteration.
monstro

Post by monstro »

Seems Cobratec have been chosen to make the OTF version of the Burnley Kwaiken.

Just a bit ironic?