russian switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jaysin

russian switchblade

Post by Jaysin »

Its been some time since ive been around life got in the way
any way I got a blade at a estate auction i know its russian lever lock and its kind of odd to me as the lever has to be flipped up and not down to fire. been told its rare i dont know dont think it is anyone know about them cant post pic keeps telling me too large
JulesVane

Re: russian switchblade

Post by JulesVane »

Jaysin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm Its been some time since ive been around life got in the way
any way I got a blade at a estate auction i know its russian lever lock and its kind of odd to me as the lever has to be flipped up and not down to fire. been told its rare i dont know dont think it is anyone know about them cant post pic keeps telling me too large
Hi Jaysin. You mean the lever is much like the Mikov Predator or the A.G.A. Campolin Zero leverlocks? If you need help with your pics, you're welcome to send them to me to post for you .... julesvane666@gmail.com

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

It sounds like you are talking about one of these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=russian ... WBQMR91SM:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

JimBrown257 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:44 am It sounds like you are talking about one of these:
Pretty sure I saw the post elsewhere, and you're right Jeremy, it is one of those your link showed. Unfortunately, the writing down in the bottom right corner may lead to it's country of origin....(Jaysin can possibly verify)

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome back...
solgehtman

Post by solgehtman »

Interesting topic...broad variety of mechanical solutions, locks, springs, etc. The most unique, original and different usually come from prison camps (zona) made by some inmate (zek). You would be blown away by what they could produce from virtually nothing with just a file, broken saw blade and few more most simple tools. Some knives are absolutely amazing work of art. Every knife unique. If u are interested that's the market you should be looking at . Not easy to find,but 100% worth it.
JayK

Post by JayK »

I really like the lever locks and wanting to build my collection so fr I have only owned stiletto type but and reading up on the German and Russian knives now. Thanks for the info.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I've seen some Russian knives on the Sharperdeal auctions, you might want to check it out.
2024 candidate for president
Jaysin

Post by Jaysin »

JulesVane wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 am
JimBrown257 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:44 am It sounds like you are talking about one of these:
Pretty sure I saw the post elsewhere, and you're right Jeremy, it is one of those your link showed. Unfortunately, the writing down in the bottom right corner may lead to it's country of origin....(Jaysin can possibly verify)

I have also posted on facebook in a switchblade group with photos there and a few ppl said it was a fake what writing should i be looking for that would tell me where its from? either way russian or chinese knock off seem do be well made so far
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Jaysin. It's the website at the bottom/right corner of the above picture called DHgate that's Asian (Chinese). They sell lots of clones and counterfeits. But, as you have, what's being called, a "Russian" knife with no maker's marks, hell...I won't tell anyone it didn't come from Russia! LMAO! I'm actually going to be in Russia next month and I'm going to see if I can look into this "Russian Prison Knife" phenomenon that's going on!

Jaysin

Post by Jaysin »

JulesVane wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm Hi Jaysin. It's the website at the bottom/right corner of the above picture called DHgate that's Asian (Chinese). They sell lots of clones and counterfeits. But, as you have, what's being called, a "Russian" knife with no maker's marks, hell...I won't tell anyone it didn't come from Russia! LMAO! I'm actually going to be in Russia next month and I'm going to see if I can look into this "Russian Prison Knife" phenomenon that's going on!
It has russian writing on it not sure if it is russian just told thats what it was when i took it in on trade even if its a knock off and chinese its actually been a really good knife and what i have in to it in trade didnt cost me more then 6 7 bucks :lol:
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Always a few on Etsy.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Don't overlook the Italian lever locks.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Has anyone seen any of the Russian Stilettos that are clearly modeled on the Italian design?
I am curious as to the build quality.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Probably made in China.
2024 candidate for president