New Italian OTF?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: New Italian OTF?

Post by JulesVane »

Tom19176 wrote:If anyone gets one let me know your thoughts on it....None where at Blade?????
...I see they have made it to BP.com for $39.99. At least closer to home.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks! They are there:

https://www.bladeplay.com/item--AKC-F-1 ... tic--23853

I wonder if they are made in Asia for the Italians.....The price point is different than the other Italian ones...Anyone know??
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Tom19176 wrote:

I wonder if they are made in Asia for the Italians.....The price point is different than the other Italian ones...Anyone know??
Geez Tom, I would HOPE they are genuine Italian. The description says "Country of origin" is Italy. I'm still dumbfounded about all the counterfeit Microtech OTFs coming out of China by the thousands. I wouldn't think AKC would do that. As for price, it's the same as from Austria. Of course, Austria DOES offer the Lightning OTF, which is from Taiwan, right? I should of never looked at that darn "DH" website. Now, I'm spooked on adding an OTF to my collection.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

If you want one buy from a dealer like bladeplay that has a good reputation, you should be safe.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I know the guys from Blade Play for about 15 years.....Not questioning them, BUT could AKC have them made in Asia for them? Could be....There are several German companies that have items made in Italy ( all the stiletto styles) but are marked Germany. If you look at the handles of every other OTF from Italy they do not have the screw on panels that these have. The Asian ones all do. Look at this one:
https://www.bladeplay.com/item--AKC-077 ... OTF--19360
That is how all the other Italian ones are made......If AKC sells them as their product then BP is really only saying they are from an Italian maker.....I suspect if someone gets one they will know....Bill D any idea where they are made???
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sorry, I don't know.
But I suspect they are Asian. I hope they are Italian.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks Bill!!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Geez! I just tried to order this piece from BP, and got "turned down".
Last edited by JulesVane on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

well jules your in luck bud i have a extra i can sell it is the (all black) model. i got a few to check out and have to say they are pretty nice with very sharp blade and fast open and close action and no blade play when open ,they are smaller than they look at 8-1/4" open and 4-3/4" closed but makes perfect carry knife.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

METALGOD wrote:well jules your in luck bud i have a extra i can sell it is the (all black) model. i got a few to check out and have to say they are pretty nice with very sharp blade and fast open and close action and no blade play when open ,they are smaller than they look at 8-1/4" open and 4-3/4" closed but makes perfect carry knife.
PM sent Bernie

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Did anyone notice that the sliding fire button is gone and now the "lower" guard serves this function?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

ILikeStilettos wrote:Did anyone notice that the sliding fire button is gone and now the "lower" guard serves this function?
pretty cool lil knives sharp as hell :lol: yes i like the new design with the trigger button/guard being the fire button . would be cool to see them with black blades but im sure Angelo will do some in black down the line.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes we noticed the button has been incorporated into the finger guard ....That is one of the new and neat parts of the design.....
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Tom19176 wrote:If anyone gets one let me know your thoughts on it....None where at Blade?????
Thanks to METALGOD, mine arrived today. Very nice little piece. Snaps great in & out, minimal blade play, locks up tight. Very sharp! No complaints here.

Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks Jules!