Bill DeShives on DH Gate

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jaysin

Bill DeShives on DH Gate

Post by Jaysin »

Oh lord this is crazy a Bill Deshives on dh gate now i have seen a clone ripoff and knock off of everything on there
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Bill DeShives on DH Gate

Post by natcherly »

Are you referring to this listing?

"Italy AKC mafia 9.5" leverletto Bill Deshilvs anlter handle D2 61HRC pocket knife camping folding knife xmas gift knife 1pcs"

Interesting how they spell Bill's name. Is anything on that site legit?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Bastards.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jaysin

Post by Jaysin »

natcherly wrote:Are you referring to this listing?

"Italy AKC mafia 9.5" leverletto Bill Deshilvs anlter handle D2 61HRC pocket knife camping folding knife xmas gift knife 1pcs"

Interesting how they spell Bill's name. Is anything on that site legit?
that would be the one lol
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Nearly everything on DHGate is counterfeit.
Never buy anything there.
They know it's counterfeit, and they promote it.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jaysin

Post by Jaysin »

only thing ive bought from there was a few guitar bodies for a few builds i did
omega

Post by omega »

DHGAte........

Where else can one buy a counterfeit of a $6500 Martin acoustic guitar for $300 USD shipped. As is the case with all counterfeits, quality can range from barely passable to complete shit. Most of it comes out of the Schengen area - where there are no export duties/taxation or other border control.

The Chinese have gotten sloppy though, building their Frankenknife versions with parts and options that the legit knives never had to begin with. Think Martin flat-top guitar with Fender Strat neck, into which they load really shitty electronics that buzz and hum like those $59 Sears Silvertone guitars (also made in Schengen).

The funny thing is that one can buy most of those counterfeits with any name or trademark you want stamped on it (or none at all) - just ask. Next time I've got a spare $300 to blow, I think I'll order a "FUCKU" brand guitar, with the name on the headstock done in a beautiful abalone inlay.
Jaysin

Post by Jaysin »

omega wrote:DHGAte........

Where else can one buy a counterfeit of a $6500 Martin acoustic guitar for $300 USD shipped. As is the case with all counterfeits, quality can range from barely passable to complete shit. Most of it comes out of the Schengen area - where there are no export duties/taxation or other border control.

The Chinese have gotten sloppy though, building their Frankenknife versions with parts and options that the legit knives never had to begin with. Think Martin flat-top guitar with Fender Strat neck, into which they load really shitty electronics that buzz and hum like those $59 Sears Silvertone guitars (also made in Schengen).

The funny thing is that one can buy most of those counterfeits with any name or trademark you want stamped on it (or none at all) - just ask. Next time I've got a spare $300 to blow, I think I'll order a "FUCKU" brand guitar, with the name on the headstock done in a beautiful abalone inlay.
these were just bodies no cuts for the pick ups i did all that my self and my buddy made the necks
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Funny thing about counterfeit guitars. Japanese fake Fender guitars were sometimes referred to as "Lawsuit" guitars and scorned, now MIJ Fenders are generally accepted as quality instruments. As far as real American made Fenders (and other companies) poor quality back in the 70's and 80's, don't get me started.

Regardless; I feel counterfeiting is wrong. Any sensible person would realize it's just as wrong to buy fake items.

Hey, if it makes Bill mad, imagine how Mr. DeShilvs must feel, their using his good name and all.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Nyuck, nyuck!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Nyuck, nyuck!
My point exactly!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
john

Post by john »

DHG = Clones, Counterfeit and Crap
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Now Dhgate has auctions on eBay!! Madness I say!!!
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

For knives marked with Bills name and trademarked features, they will remove them. They are fairly good there about policing IP violations. But the knives being flick knives would be not allowed on Ebay regardless of marking or IP issues that may exist.

Bruce
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have requested DHGate remove the counterfeit knives. They aren't interested.
Besides you have to jump through hoop after hoop to even request it.
DHGate actually promotes counterfeiting with their practices, and most of their merchandise is counterfeit.