gearbest.com?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dont885

gearbest.com?

Post by dont885 »

anyone dealt with this company before? Wondered if there was any input out there? Good or bad? Thanks, Don
john

Re: gearbest.com?

Post by john »

Trustpilot.com has customer reviews. There are probably other web sites that customers use to rate their shopping experience; check it out.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

Hi Don,
I just ordered a GANZO G719 for $13.75 + free shipping from gearbest, almost to good to be true. When I saw your post I remembered about 3 years ago I ordered from a company similar to gearbest (I looked, and cant find the name of the company). I found a Ganzo G707 and was not sure if was going to be a Chinese turd because it was such a cheap price. It took about 3 weeks to get but I was impressed with the quality when I got it. I think this gearbest is what they call a drop ship company. I will let you know how it goes with this order.
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know I placed an order with G.B on 1/8/16 and got it 1/29/16 totally happy. Package came from "Deutschland" hope this helps.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey all, I haven't been around for a while. Very busy with work and a few health issues - better for now...

I just received 10 Ganzo and 1 Enlan knives from Gearbest. It took about 18 - 20 days to arrive, not bad. I got 6 autos (3 G707 - 2 G736 - 2 G7212) and the rest are non autos. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of them all. The nicest Chinese knives I have ever imagined! These are an incredible deal from Gearbest. Best! John Brown
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Here's a photo lineup. Al are really nice; heavy, well constructed, tight with zero blade play and SHARP! I highly recommend! JB

bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

As of 4/9/16 as far as I can tell "Gearbest" no longer caries Ganzo Autos.
You can get them on Amazon BUT they are twice the price!!
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey Ross, I did notice that Gearbest doesn't have autos anymore. That's a shame they were an incredible deal and I'm really glad I picked up a few while they had them. JB
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Bummer
2024 candidate for president
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

John Brown wrote:Hey Ross, I did notice that Gearbest doesn't have autos anymore. That's a shame they were an incredible deal and I'm really glad I picked up a few while they had them. JB
Yes me too, although twice the price seems like a more realistic price for this knife, I'm glad I bought them when I did. Now if I can only do that when I choose a fund for my 401K :roll:
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

The Ganzos have a coil spring and function with a mechanism very similar to a Boker or S&W. They make really nice carry pieces, don’t hesitate… JB
sammy the blade

Do they have pocket clips?
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Sammy:

Yes, all of my Ganzos have pocket clips. JB
sammy the blade

I'll have to check em out on Amazon
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Sammy:

I just checked and Fasttech has the Ganzo autos at just a little more than Gearbest. I've ordered from Fasttech and they are good. Check it out:

https://www.fasttech.com

JB