gearbest.com?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: gearbest.com?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Zinc is soft enough that you can easily score it with a pocketknife.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I agree but as curious as I am I can't quite bring my self to scratch mt new knife. JB
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Do it inside.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Thanks Bill but because it's actually assembled with three eyed "snake eye" fastners like the real ones I can get inside. I did manage to score it inside the throat area of the handle and, you're right, it scored easily so it must be zinc. I guess my strong magnet is attracted to the steel parts of the mechanism within.

Hey Ross, did you ever get one of these? I know you talked about it...

JB
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

Hey John,
Just checked on F.T. website (the tracking on there sight in not very intuitive) I ordered it 5/15/16 and it looks like it just left Hong Kong 5/28/16.
I ordered two different knives, so maybe one was on back order? Or the tracking on there web site is B.S.?
I will let you know when I get the package.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Sweet Mary, Joseph and the Shepherds, my Ganzo G719-BK finally left Hong Kong on 5/24/16.

The end is near.
Fishtail Picklock
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

John Brown wrote:Thanks Bill but because it's actually assembled with three eyed "snake eye" fastners like the real ones I can get inside. I did manage to score it inside the throat area of the handle and, you're right, it scored easily so it must be zinc. I guess my strong magnet is attracted to the steel parts of the mechanism within.

Hey Ross, did you ever get one of these? I know you talked about it...

JB
Hey John,
Yep, I got it 6/01/16 (I ordered it 5/15/16) Like you I did not know it was a counterfeit of a Microtech Scarab.
I'm kind of old fashion and like the traditional stilettos. I don't know or follow the Microtech / Benchmade type company's that close. I know they make quality knifes, but there is just something about the traditional stilettos I like better. To me they are just timeless and kind of a work of art.

Having said that, I have been carrying a knife on me ever sense I was 7 or 8 years old, automatics probably around 13 years old (when a buddy came back from Mexico and sold two to me). I would be pissed, if I lost or damage one of my good knifes. That is why I'm always on the look out for a good "inexpensive" every day carries.

I think the Gonzo's are great for E.D.C. I wanted to try a O.T.F for E.D.C. I saw that the Lightnings cost more then the one (Microtech copy) that was on fastech website. So I figured I would get one and see what it was like.

I do not own a Lightning or any Microtech or Benchmade products so I can not compare it with any of those.
The thing does lock up tight and has some weight to it. Can you stick it in wood repeatedly? I'm not going to try.
The blade is sharp on both sides and looks to be a good "inexpensive" knife. Keep in mind that this IS a counterfeit.