help me out here

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kingcut

help me out here

Post by kingcut »

i am looking to order a blackfinger 777 auto. does anyone know how to operate them? and do u think its a good knife for "self defense"?[/code]
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Re: help me out here

Post by Teddy »

kingcut wrote:i am looking to order a blackfinger 777 auto. does anyone know how to operate them? and do u think its a good knife for "self defense"?
Excellent choice...... your potential assailant will almost certainly collapse with laughter when you produce it as a weapon with which to defend yourself....

Best wishes
Teddy
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Kingcut
Is a BlackFinger one that comes out the front? No it is not a good auto for self defense. As a matter of fact that you had to ask means your unfamiliar with them and not knowing and having is a bad situation. Any knife in your pocket at the time can be used for self defense but unless you know and train it could be more of a hinderance to you. A small fixed blade is the best since its alot stronger then a $30 in and out. That said we don't really stress self defense with knives here. There are enough members with CCW's to not bother with a knife. We are just a humble group of grown men who live in another era when life was simpler and Italian Switchblades were (and still) available. Most knife forums have seperate forums dealing with what your looking for. If your question was do they make cool toys to play with while watching TV then the answer would be yes.
PB
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Kingcut-
If you're serious, I bellieve there exists a current thread exploring suggestions for preferred everyday carries (EDC). You will probably find good information there. And no, the blackfinger, IMHO is more for entertainment (one could, I suppose make that claim for all our "toys") than utility. And I just noticed, the KING has also given you good advice.
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Avoid it for SERIOUS use [for fun it is almost a "must have"].
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

A folder or a fixed blade for $30 is much better.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

J-man thanks for pointing that out for me.I knew there was something I forgot to include in my post to him ya prick ya.
PB

Post by 666 »

LMAO....you guys kill me. Thank you.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
J-man

Post by J-man »

Pushbutton wrote:J-man thanks for pointing that out for me.I knew there was something I forgot to include in my post to him ya prick ya.
PB
I always have to point out your faults :lol:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Fault this Batman
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Pushbutton wrote:J-man thanks for pointing that out for me.I knew there was something I forgot to include in my post to him ya prick ya.
PB
In case you missed to point: A Folder or fixed blade for $30 is much better....Do I hear an echo here?

Seriously, asking a question like this is akin to throwing 50kgs of fresh meat in to a shark tank. :shock:

Steve

Edited fer spelen
.45acp

NRA Life Member
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

a) What became of cleancut;
b) Mr. point fourty-five, Aye-See-Pee is your editing a matter of academics or physiology? That is, do I donate a primer (spelling) or one of my organs(spleen)? I just wanna be a good forumite, and need a little direction here (hear?).
R...ph
sheep-free since '93'...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Steve (45)
J-man has this thing where he likes to annoy me. I had already posted the same info earlier on what to spend the $30 on. Then along comes Mr Head in the Clouds and posts what I already posted. Yeah thats it he's a goddamn post thief. My God do you know this could have far reaching complications. Maybe all the Canucks have been stealing our posts. My sweet Jesus if this wasn't discovered in time the Canucks could have put the whole knife world in an uproar. Well I have my work cut out for me.
PB
J-man

Post by J-man »

PB, you didn't say folder dude!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yes J-man I didn't say folder specificlly because if I was given $30 and told to buy some protection it would be either a neck knife of some sort or a Shrade Sharpfinger. In my opinion there isn't a folder made for $30 bucks I would trust. For $30 any folder you buy is going to be Asian. Also keep in mind we are talking fast deployment so I assume you are talking Tactical. So I'm not including some well made pocket knives you can get for $30. I do not want to worry about something breaking on the folder whether an opening mechanism or the lock etc. At least witha fixed blade small as it is it will be solid and work with you not against you. So since I felt the need to confess even though you should have already thought of this that is the reason I didn't say folder ya prick ya
PB