I couldn't be more pleased with the Taiwan "Stilettos".

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I couldn't be more pleased with the Taiwan "Stilettos".

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

For the cost of these little autos, they are a wonderful knife for the price! (You couldn't beat $19.95 each to my mailbox!)

They are handy (and nifty) little knives. These inexpensive alternative to the Italians aren't poorly assembled! Buy one while they are available. Believe me, if you don't, you'll surely regret it when they're all gone!
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Re: I couldn't be more pleased with the Taiwan "Stilettos".

Post by Tom19176 »

Which ones are you referring too? From which dealer?
boogibar

Post by boogibar »

I concur with Tom...appreciate the tip, but would like more info.

thanks,
bar
Fishtail Picklock

If you get on http://www.Gunbroker.com and peruse the "automatic knives" section, you will run across EKnives in Tampa, FL.

The vendor's name is Erik Neville. His address is:

Eril Neville
9712 Whitehall St
Naples FL
34109-1628

Erik's communication is great, and his friendliness is matchless! If you want a good deal on "novelty" or "fun" knives, contact him. His e-mail address is:

erikneville2002@yahoo.com

I proposed that Erik Neville (EKnives) be placed on the "good guys" list when I first purchased three (3) of the Taiwanese "Milano" stilettos from him. The man threw in the shipping because I bought directly from him without using Gunbroker.

Contact Erik and buy some of his stock. You won't regret it.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Here's the "black" version of the Milano stiletto from Eknives:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =185359748

The "white" version of the "Milano" stilletto (also from EKnives):

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =185366536
Fishtail Picklock
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I don't mean to be rude but, unless I'm missing something, that's a very common style of "cheapo" knife that you can buy from many different dealers. Why are you referring to it like it's produced in limited quantities?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Fishtail Picklock

For what they are, these little stiletto knives are quite well made. They sure beat the quality of what comes from the People's Republic of China.

It seems to me that for "click therapy" they are cheaper than the preponderance of most italian knives. These knives seem to be quite durable, and seem to provide quite a bit of fun! If they break, you aren't out a great deal of money. These knives have their place. Perhaps you may not care for them, but some people will find them either useful, or fun. I'm not a "knife snob." I have both very expensive (and high quality) knives as well as some cheap knock-around (read "knock-off") clones. These knives come from ALL OVER THE GLOBE! I have "catholic" (read: wide and varying tastes) in all sorts of things!

By the same token, I have a $1000.00 + auto pistol, as well as a $200.00 and $265.00 Zastava single-action pistols (single-action Tokarev clones. chambered in .32 ACP and 9mm Luger.) I shoot all sorts of handguns, rifles, shotguns and enjoy them all!

Screw snobbery, I have a good time with all of my tools and arms!

:P
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I don't think you understood my question. I never said I didn't care for them, I own one. I was trying to understand why you would decide to create a thread about such a common knife. I thought surely he must know something I don't. Guess not.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't think you understood my question. I never said I didn't care for them, I own one. I was trying to understand why you would decide to create a thread about such a common knife.
I know, I know.... :mrgreen:
Because the last one wasn't good enough? :lol:
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a
Fishtail Picklock

I have learned to enjoy a wide variety to things. Life's simple pleasures are often the most overlooked, and yet the best in the entire world!

An example of this is Gusano brand Mezcal. (Mezcal de Oxaca con Gusano.) This delightful distillate of the Agave plant (a lower-level distillate, related to Tequila) is a WONDERFUL liquor! With an alcohol content of but 34% (68 proof) Mezcal isn't overly potent, but it has a "smoky" flavor all it's own.

Gusanos (worms) brand Mezcal, is VERY inexpensive (about $6.00 USD per liter.) This particular brand, available in Mexico ONLY, is great to mix in a number of recipes that have been mad for Mezcal ALONE! Many drink recipes that call for Tequila don't taste very good when Mezcal is subtituted for the other "potent potable."

Monte Alban brand Mezcal de Oxaca (con gusano) has a similar "smoky" flavor, but often retails for $28.00-$30.00 per 750ml bottle (3/4 liter.)

This is yet another reason that I love shpping in Rosarito for the "lower-end" liquors that aren't reall very popular in Mexico. (Mezcal is viewed as a "poor Indian's" liquor in it's native country!)

My wife and I really enjoy it, and we keep this little "secret" to ourselves! (Believe me, $145.00 can make 24 liters of Mezcal last up to two years!) Try THAT with any other liquor distilled stateside!

As I said..."Life's simple pleasures that are the best!"
Fishtail Picklock
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I've tried to stay out of this BUT, a second thread on these oriental curiosities IS a bit much :roll:
I stopped selling them to "drug store, organised crime wannabies" when I could no longer sell them at $15 and make a [substancial] profit :lol:
Fishtail Picklock

The "discretion" of selling them to "adults" is a good thing! I don't see many of the board members as the "hood rat" type. The same thing could be said for inexpexive, or 'less than extremly durable' firearms. Most "adult" owners see these as useful "novelites" for "adult" enjoyment.

Those that use them to engage in unsavory (read: criminal) activities were inclined to do so before they EVER purchased a stiletto. This, my friends, is an inescapable fact, as well as the indisputable truth.

Welcome to the "responsibilities" of adulthood!
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

:?: :?: :?:
I was refering to the type that has inane fantasies about their own level of dangerousness [Drugstore Mafiosa] :wink:
They buy [the cheapest] switch they can find, take it home, and put it "somewhere safe". Then they tell co-workers "war stories" about their activities before they found religion and then, followed "the straight and narrow" :lol:
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

whippersnapper wrote:
I don't think you understood my question. I never said I didn't care for them, I own one. I was trying to understand why you would decide to create a thread about such a common knife.
I know, I know.... :mrgreen:
Because the last one wasn't good enough? :lol:
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a
:lol:
Fishtail Picklock

Vagrant wrote::?: :?: :?:
I was refering to the type that has inane fantasies about their own level of dangerousness [Drugstore Mafiosa] :wink:
They buy [the cheapest] switch they can find, take it home, and put it "somewhere safe". Then they tell co-workers "war stories" about their activities before they found religion and then, followed "the straight and narrow" :lol:
These are the kind of individuals that, as Clint Eastwood said in his film, "The Enforcer" are, indeed, "a legend in their own mind"!
Fishtail Picklock