Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by Mario »

JimBrown257 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:01 pm
I was just about to mention that. On those Youtube videos, half the comments are "Wow, were can I find something like that??"

We should all make a point of starting conversations with those casual observers and if they seem like decent people (or at least not six year olds) then lead them to the forums.

The other thing I noticed is that about 70% of the members here originally found this site because they were looking for a specific knife and an internet search gave them a link to the Buy & Sell section here. Then after clicking on the link, they just kind of stuck around. If we all made a point of expanding the selection on the Buy&Sell forum we could pretty easily double the number of members here.
There’s a kid on YouTube who has a channel called “Apple Juice Arsenal.” He’s always posting when he gets new knives. He has a nice stiletto collection including a couple Chinese knock offs, a nice blue pearl handle Frank B, a 7” Italian stiletto, a leverlock stiletto, and a manual Kissing Crane. He said he ordered the Frank B with his parents’ permission, so I guess the kid is under 18. Next time I comment on one of his videos, I’ll mention the forum to him.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Can you post a link to the channel?
2024 candidate for president
Mario

Post by Mario »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 pm Can you post a link to the channel?
Here ya go.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCOSxfFtmdga8kjJS9Gg9qoQ
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Mario wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm He said he ordered the Frank B with his parents’ permission, so I guess the kid is under 18. Next time I comment on one of his videos, I’ll mention the forum to him.
I might actually advise against that.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I agree with Jim that kids looks like he is 12-13...No need to have him join here.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

We haven't had any troll fun in quite awhile. Daddy Loco used to do some fun stuff with trolls. Wonder what he's been up to.
2024 candidate for president
Mario

Post by Mario »

I’ll trust your judgment and won’t mention it to the kid. Still, you have to admit it’s pretty impressive to see a kid at that age so knowledgeable about knives and with that kind of collection!
TMD

Post by TMD »

Some more movies I’ve seen recently

My Spy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8242084/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Looks like a Halo 2 are used 2 times

I don’t feel at home in this world anymore
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5710514/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
11” stiletto

Kill squad
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082611/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
11” stiletto
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I found this video from the 1932 film "Freaks" and while a clip from this movie was previously shown in the "Switchblades in the Movies" video compilation, this one is a little sharper and it's clear that the knife is a Flylock swing guard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJ438gN25k
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Panzerfaust wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:31 pm I found this video from the 1932 film "Freaks" and while a clip from this movie was previously shown in the "Switchblades in the Movies" video compilation, this one is a little sharper and it's clear that the knife is a Flylock swing guard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJ438gN25k
I've got a movie still that I have had for years but have never known what movie it was from.
Thank you for helping me figure out that mystery. :D
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

In the Golden Age of circuses that ended in the early 60's, the Side Shows were often really freaky, much more so than any clowns and more frightening than any wild animal acts. At least to an eight year old. That movie, "Freaks" is pretty hard to watch even today, and I am a bit older than eight.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Hard to turn down the opportunity to encourage a young collector, but In today's world... I give away knives to kids at shows all the time, they love the switchblade combs, but it's always handed to a parent. I pass on real knives also if it seems appropriate. There's a gap behind most of us in this knife collecting world. IMHO. Taz
button_man

Post by button_man »

Panzerfaust wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:31 pm ..... the 1932 film "Freaks" ...... it's clear that the knife is a Flylock swing guard.

What exactly is a "flylock" ?
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

I recall someone in the beginning of this topic saying it was a Schrade Hunters Pride.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

I can verify that it is a Flylock.