Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
boogibar

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by boogibar »

Saw a tasty, old one (1952) the other day...glen ford and rita hayworth, "affair in trinidad"...one of the villan's henchmen attacks Ford with a switch...Ford takes it away from him and the later presents it to the villan...I'm thinking it was Schrade, Press Button — maybe something like that or similar...wish I had more knowledge, but the knife was quite featured and looked great...wondering if anyone in the group can lend some insights or knowledge...

Sorry too, I don't have the wherewithall to capture the video or even a still photo to post a pic. Again, maybe someone in the group can. The movie is available on YouTube.

many thanks,
bar
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

This first one may have been listed already but the Miami Vice episode with Ted Nugent has a scene where a girl gives a guy a couple of good pokes with an 11 incher.

The next two are from the old black and white show The Rifleman.
Season 1,episode 20 called "The Deadeye Kid" a kid from Brooklyn ends up staying with Lucas and he flashes a stiletto in one scene.
Season 1,episode 24 a bounty hunter snaps open what looks like an 8" possibly 9" picklock,pokes it into a wanted poster and hands it to McCain.

A site called hulu.com has 50 complete episodes of The Rifleman. I forgot just how good those ole shows were.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

BTB can you confirm my latest entries?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I'd love too Viking but unfortunately my personal computer committed suicide. All I have for now is my iPhone and work computer, neither of which allow me to get stills. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon though.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

BTB sell one of those $1,000 Rizzies to get a new computer my friend!!!...lol.....
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

:lol: Maybe I should
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Tom19176 wrote:BTB sell one of those $1,000 Rizzies to get a new computer my friend!!!...lol.....
I second that! :D
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sittin here scratchin my head, i can't help but wonder........ wit the rising value in rizzyies. jerr must be sitting on a virtual billion dollor investment with all those milano's stashed away in the safe ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Watched the season final of Alcatraz the other night and the lead cop/cute gal got stabbed by what looked like a MT Halo.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

that girl that plays the cop,.... played adan arkins dawter on the sons of anarcky
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Looked like an 11 inch Stag handled stiletto in last nights Law and order SVU.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

there was an otf in last sundays episode of breakout kings
TRYKER

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I watched one last night called "The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch". There is a Mikov with a gold metal handle that gets featured in many scenes. Must see movie where the swictchblade was definately co-star of the majority of the film. Maybe one of the better movies with a switchblade featured that I have yet to see.

I believe the movie is from 2008 and based on a comic book, but it was just relesed about 2 weeks ago on DVD and I rented it from a Red Box kiosk.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

There was some kind of OTF in last nights "Grim".
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

Not sure if this was mentioned. Just sat through REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS in hopes of seeing some good old vintage teenage exploitation with switchblades. The movie was laughable, real Mystery Science Theater type material. Towards the end, however, there's a scene where the leading bad guy pulls what looks like a large Shursnap on the good guy. They don't show it firing but the shape of the blade, the thin guards and the hint of a button makes me think it was a Shursnap. The movie was made in 1957.
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")