My new custom leverlock

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
John Brown

My new custom leverlock

Post by John Brown »

About a year ago I bought a leverlock made in Pakistan. ...all stainless with fake stag. Of course, it left much to be desired in terms of build quality but was heavy duty and functioned well. I thought it had potential though. Since then I was able to get in touch with a custom shop there specializing in Damascus knives. I ordered a couple fixed blades and was impressed with their quality. I just received this custom leverlock knife built to my design and specifications. It's built like a tank; heavy and very solid. The blade sits deep and it fires like a rocket. I'm very pleased with it overall. There are a few small improvements that could be made to the lever and the works but I'm picky. I think these photos speak for themselves... Comments?? JB

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: My new custom leverlock

Post by JerrBear »

Mighty fine-looking piece of cutlery, Mr. John Brown. Looks like it would make mos' excellent user.

Good to see you posting again times, my friend...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey Jerry!

Thanks for the welcome back. It would make a nice EDC if you like a big knife. I've had it in my pocket all day and I think a .45 Auto weighs less. I actually really like a knife with some weight. Some of you might remember that one of my favorite carrys is a German paratrooper which is way bigger and heavier than this one. JB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Despite less weight and smaller size, I'll bet it has MORE [usable] blade than the Paratreoopers knife :idea:
An improvement over the [silly] Paratrooper knife :D
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

It does have more useable blade to overall size ratio, Al. But, as you point out, that ain't sayin' much. JB
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Here's a family photo for comparison. The stiletto is a 9". JB

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TRYKER
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

Excellent knife! Love the blade.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
lars

Post by lars »

A most excellent leverlock, Mr. John Brown! Both beautiful and useful!
And a great addition to your fine collection!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

That is just TOO cool! No way would anyone suspect that being a Paki special.
Your knife man did an outstanding job on this. The fit on the stag is real slick :!:
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Thanks for the comments1

The more I play with this piece the more I like it. I have a lot of leverlocks, mostly Hubies, and this is the most solid one I own. It's funny that the Paki knives that typically come over here are put together so poorly. When encouraged and paid well Pakistanis do a very nice job. They have a long reputation as metalsmiths and blade makers. Why is it that American & European craftsmen, who are the highest paid per hour, are the most wiling to take their time and produce high end products? In places like Pakistan, India and China where labor is cheap they seem to be in a hurry. I think many are paid piece work and quality is not even suggested. There are wise businessmen who are having products like high end acoustic guitars made in China to a very high standard. That's where I got the idea to have this knife made. Thanks again! JB
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

John Brown wrote:Thanks for the comments1

The more I play with this piece the more I like it. I have a lot of leverlocks, mostly Hubies, and this is the most solid one I own. It's funny that the Paki knives that typically come over here are put together so poorly. When encouraged and paid well Pakistanis do a very nice job. They have a long reputation as metalsmiths and blade makers. Why is it that American & European craftsmen, who are the highest paid per hour, are the most wiling to take their time and produce high end products? In places like Pakistan, India and China where labor is cheap they seem to be in a hurry. I think many are paid piece work and quality is not even suggested. There are wise businessmen who are having products like high end acoustic guitars made in China to a very high standard. That's where I got the idea to have this knife made. Thanks again! JB

Very interesting and well put opinion. I couldn't agree more. It is all about what standards are required. I find china etc... will do whatever you payand ask them to do. The quality is up to the wallet and how far it opens.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" meant "complete crap". Then it was Taiwan and now it's China, India, Mexico, Brazil, Pakistan... China is already beginning to produce high quality products. This is a situation that American workers should fear. Go into a Walmart and try to find something that's not produced in China. Imagine a Chinese built quality car in the 15K range. China is not currently as much a military threat as they are an economic threat. I also thought it was interesting to observe the patriotism in China during the Summer Olympics! I'm reminded of the ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times". JB