STOLEN KNIVES!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: STOLEN KNIVES!!

Post by Bill DeShivs »

jimbeam wrote:
Bill DeShivs wrote:I don't appreciate the degrading sarcasm.
There is a very good reason for what I did. I don't particularly care whether you like it or not.
Let's leave it at that.
Sometimes Bill you make it really hard for a person to like you. I keep trying though. I suppose this post will be redacted, deleted or I will be banned. So be it.
This post was not directed to/at you, so why would it bother you?
At some point I'll explain all this, but now is not the time.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Bill I recently received a pm from Natcherly. I respect this man and his advice and I will no longer be posting on this thread.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I would be shocked if anyone from the knife community who frequent this thread or SD, who have came in personal contact with one another at various shows / functions, would fashion out to be a thief. Ive seen some pricey knives sit on a semi-public table, get handled, passed around, wiped down, and the owner is respected. Having said that, were that disappointment a truth, I'd hope the culprit thoroughly enjoyed the use of their legs all those years.
And rightly so, anyone who comes across a knife of Scotty's would surely be compensated by the switchblade community for their honestly and assistance in tracking down the fcuk that deserves his ass handed to him.
Not saying one should be so quick to anger, but when a neighbor is robbed, and the community takes no role, the bastards wins :evil:
But when the community looks out for their own, their strength, respect, and dignity trumps.
IF you see something, notify Scotty, Bill, Bob at SD, and you'll see that "team-work makes a dream work" as coach Denny Crum use to say.
Someone keep us updated, please.
all the best to Scotty,
Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
Zazu

Post by Zazu »

RJS1966 wrote:The sad fact is that the S**theads that took them more than likely have no idea of the true value of these knives. I had a friend who was burglarized. His $ 10,000 dollar trap shotgun was stolen. When they caught the guy. He had hacksawed the barrel. Soo hoping they catch this/ these scumbags.
yeah, seen this happen before. What a shame. Often you'll see beautiful shotguns, i.e something made by perdey or boss, that's fitted to it's owner. It gets stolen and they chop the barrel and stock to make some madmax abomination. Sad really. I bet this guy doesn't have an inkling of the true value and will swap it for 10$ worth of drugs.

Hold hope though, There's a great story about a guy who went to a pawnstore to notify them to keep an eye out for guitars and ended up running into the thief there selling them.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Here is the story and an explanation:
One of the forum members had been contacted about buying the stolen knives. I didn't want to jeopardize the lead, as this is an open forum.
I have heard that arrests have been made and most of the knives were recovered!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Hello Bill,
thank you that you give us this info. It makes me very happy that they got this son of a dog.
It is also good to hear that the knife are back.
A really great news!

Greetings from Europe
Greetings from Europe
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

niceguy2 wrote:NOTIFY ALL PAWN SHOPS IN A 100 MILE RADIUS ...... THAT`S HOW I GOT THE BASTARDS THAT NIPPED ME BACK A FEW .
I'm not sure if we are allowed to do this, but he might want to let us know what State / Town he lives in. Also (I hate to say this) I can just see the cops and insurance adjuster rolling there eyes ( and raising there eye brows in suspicion) as they are writing there report when he is describing his switch blades.
Depending on what State he lives in, if they are found they might be confiscated. This also might be a good time for a new topic 'CAN YOU INSURE YOUR SWITCH BLADE COLLECTION"
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

bigfatross wrote:
niceguy2 wrote:NOTIFY ALL PAWN SHOPS IN A 100 MILE RADIUS ...... THAT`S HOW I GOT THE BASTARDS THAT NIPPED ME BACK A FEW .
I'm not sure if we are allowed to do this, but he might want to let us know what State / Town he lives in. Also (I hate to say this) I can just see the cops and insurance adjuster rolling there eyes ( and raising there eye brows in suspicion) as they are writing there report when he is describing his switch blades.
Depending on what State he lives in, if they are found they might be confiscated. This also might be a good time for a new topic 'CAN YOU INSURE YOUR SWITCH BLADE COLLECTION"
Actually that was covered already, either here or on SD, I forget which.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."