Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by Viking45 »

Extreme Prejudice is possibly in my Top 10 favorite movies. Nick Nolte and Powers Booth just kicked a** in that movie and both were in their prime.
So many "tough guy" one liners and butt kickin' and although it was an 80's movie it is a timeless film and kind of a modern day Western. If you haven't seen a good movie lately then watch this one. 8)

Always liked ole Rutger Hauer and watched the 80's Wanted: Dead or Alive a few nights ago and there was a out-the-front pulled by one of the terrorist and Rutger used a Cold Steel Recon Tanto in several scenes.
(not sure if that one made the list)
I know Rutger was mentioned in The Hitcher with a switchblade. He can play a great bad guy.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

The Liquidator (1966) played on TCM last night. In the Prologue, in Paris at the end of WWII, the bad guys try to assassinate the British Agent with a switchblade. Rod Taylor saves the day. Cant tell what type of knife it is, but large with a clip point blade, I think.
monstro

Post by monstro »

[quote="TMD"]Killer Elite 2011
Jason Statham uses a small stiletto (Bargeon?) to cut out a small pice of mosaic
/quote]

Clive Owen's character pull an Auto on the stereotypical old Arab guy at the end.

I think it was a Halo, or a Halo KO?

Which is kind of odd since the movie is set in the eighties.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

there was a stiletto in last weeks episode of ''the finder'' it was carried by one of the twins
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Watched 2011 release "Drive" last night and there is a shot of the head bad guy putting a straight razor in a display box that also includes a stiletto, Kriss bladed leverlock, and what may have been a DA fancy Damascus Vallaton.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Watched 2011 release "Drive" last night and there is a shot of the head bad guy putting a straight razor in a display box that also includes a stiletto, Kriss bladed leverlock, and what may have been a DA fancy Damascus Vallaton.
Watched it just last friday and thought the same thing.
Then I came here to post about it.
It's already been mentioned.
However, I loved the movie.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Anybody else catch the Microtech in the last episode of N.C.I.S. Los Angeles?
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Watched "White Irish Drinkers" (2010) last night. OTF switch is used in the middle of the movie when two buddies start beefing. Then at the end of the movie,the older Leary brother gets the wrong end of it. Good photos of the knife in the final scene - not a Microtech that I could tell.
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

RSD100 wrote:Watched "White Irish Drinkers" (2010) last night. OTF switch is used in the middle of the movie when two buddies start beefing. Then at the end of the movie,the older Leary brother gets the wrong end of it. Good photos of the knife in the final scene - not a Microtech that I could tell.
It seems to be a dalton cubid OTF. An obscure anachronism in the movie which takes place in 1974-75 (!) But on the other hand the torches in the movie are authentic.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Watched Killer Elite, which has quite a few knives. At the 23 minute mark the main charector uses a stiletto to pry up some tile.
Late in the movie a dude tries to use a balisong to kill a charector in a train station, and a dude kills a sheik with an otf knife.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
monstro

Post by monstro »

Just watching a low quality copy of MI:4 and i think there's a Daytona or Ultratech in it.

I'm certain i saw a dagger or spearpoint blade and a glassbreaker.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

saw a movie last week ''ATTACK THE BLOCK'' had a mikov in it
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

"London Boulevard" Good shot of Colin Farrell with an OTF. Never seen one like it. Later in the movie he gives it to a old wino in exchange for a gun. In the end he is killed with it.

Also watched "Inkubus" Robert Englund plays the title character and has a wrist knife that is an OTF.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Yes, I thought I saw one in the preview for London Boulevard. Just watched the preview yesterday before watching the Rum Diary DVD
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Will Ferrell flicks what looks to be a 9" Asian stiletto in the movie "The Other Guys"

Sorry if it has been previously mentioned.