Good Ones stuph

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ratstuph

Good Ones stuph

Post by ratstuph »

I have one dealer nomination and one dealer/seller question. I suggest Bob from thebrightedge.com be on the good one’s list as I recently completed a deal with him and was very satisfied with the service and the knife (Scarab). He spent a good deal of time up front helping me understand some pro and cons of various MT blade finishes and scale materials for different knives. He was great about keeping me informed of shipping and his prices (on MT products) are very competitive.
Second, has anyone done any business with genie (Bill) on BA. He seems to have good feedback but one just never knows. Evidence of that for me was going back through the "Known By us in the loop as good ones" thread (in search of genie), and seeing all the changes and/or up and downs therein.
Thanks for any help here, and I hope all are having a tolerable to great day; this includes JerryLeeBear.
Ratsutph
sheep-free since '93'...
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I would like to 2nd Rats nomination for Bob of the Bright edge,his customer service is some of the best out there :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

The thing is.. the really important thing is.. our good ones list isn't for the quick and friendly sales.. or the low prices.. or the speedy response to mails.. it's for the cream of the sellers.. those who have demonstrated their desire to please the customer no matter what it takes.. granted there are some on the list that were put there a bit hastilly.. but removing someone is a drastic action that's not taken lightly.. before I would endorse someone being put on the list I would like to see how they have handled "problem" sales.. or stood behind their sales in the event of a faulty product.. that sort of thing.. but this is just my opinion.. the list is really Jim's baby.. and the decision should be his..

All the best
Teddy
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

I'll make it three for thebrightedge. Two deals and everything went smoothly.
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Just to be a sh*t disturber Mr. Teddy...what if they are so good they never have to handle "problem" sales?
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

mr_edge wrote:Just to be a sh*t disturber Mr. Teddy...what if they are so good they never have to handle "problem" sales?
Yeah Teddy, what Mr. mr_edge said!! Deal with Bob is that he helps folks get factory service (MT is notoriously bad), for autos that MT doesn't want to deal with. Now I am only going on reputation here (from some of our own members and other forums :roll: ), as I have not had a deal go bad with him so don't know how bad deals are handled. I'm comfortable with whatever other forumites suggest. Waiting awhile is fine with me (BUT HE IS A DAMN FINE DEALER, just in case you weren't sure where I'm comin' from) if that's the group's consensus.
adbd&n-d,
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

mr_edge wrote:Just to be a sh*t disturber Mr. Teddy...what if they are so good they never have to handle "problem" sales?
YOU.. a shit stirrer?? :shock: .. perish the very thought.. 8)

If so many are talking about this guy surely SOMEONE must have seen him in "problem solving" mode.. ask around..

All the best
Teddy
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

http://webs.lanset.com/ecvslick/TheBrightEdge.htm

I have been following this situation which has spilled over onto a few forums. Before it ends up here I figured I'd post the link. I know Bob from a few fourms, and have seen his good deeds for a few years now. I have never purchased a Knife from him but I would't hesitate to do so if he had something I wanted. I've seen echos of how Bob helped out others with MT warranty issues even when the person didn't receive the item form Bob. I would have to agree other then the link I posted above I have never heard a negative report, only praise. With all that said I do believe that TBE should be on the Good ones list.

SD
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

Here's a link to BFC where Robert gets to tell his side of the story.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=353622
Having done business with Robert and knowing many who have I am inclined to beleive Robert. And I still support him for "the good ones".
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Ive heard different things about the Bright Edge, not all of it flattering, including one person who will never deal with them again. Just my 2 cents, for what its worth.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thanks to those that have provided feedback, and to those who haven't but can, please do so.

I believe that the good ones list has been, and continues to be an asset. Honestly, I must admit that occasionally it has been frustrating. For example, there have been times where there has been a debate on the forum over the status of a given dealer. During the course of the debate, I have received pm's enthusiastically describing why the dealer in question both should and should not be on the good ones list. I felt as though I was in a proverbial no-win situation with respect to whether I should add or delete the dealer because no matter what I did, I knew that I would receive negative input from someone. All we can ask for is as much objective feedback as possible so that the list will be as accurate as possible. Please remain cognizant of the fact that I am only an editor of the list, and that it is OUR list.

Regarding Teddy's point, maybe we should simply retitle the the list the "Great Ones" and elevate the admission standards

Jim
tanto

Post by tanto »

I bought one MT auto from him and everything went OK. Good price, good service. I do not know what would happen if I needed to return the knife. As for the other story - I think it was just communication error - not intention to sell faulty item.

David

PS: I would never again buy B. Duncan knife (even for 10% of its original price)
---------------

My knives + watches