I'm a new collector....

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fatkidwithablade

I'm a new collector....

Post by fatkidwithablade »

I'm a new blade collector,i only own one switchblade. Its a 8 1/2" stilleto and i bought it very cheap on ebay (like 15 bucks). I only collect stilletos because of there looks and i needed to know a place where i could buy more stilletos for about the same price as my first because since i bought mine it seems Ebay's regulations on switchblades have changed. I see now that they can only sell blades with 5 cm blades and that is just too small for me to collect. I'm looking for cheap stilletos with at least 3 and 1/2 inch blades. Any ideas :?:
lol,is it wrong that i bought my blade from ebay?
magnum

Post by magnum »

Try Bladeauction you can find them there :wink: Welcome Aboard!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
fatkidwithablade

thank you and nice to be here,hopefully i can really become a "collector" after i get a few more knives.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Fatty:

Welcome. Mr Magnum has provided a fine place to aquire what you seek.
I see now that they can only sell blades with 5 cm blades and that is just too small for me to collect.
All the Switches on e-bay are way to small for our collections also. Then again I wouldn't mind seeing a Pickloc Pat 5cm Picklock :D

SD
fatkidwithablade

yeah,a 5cm picklock would be pretty cool.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Howdy fatkidwithaknife! I am a fatoldguywithalotofknives. Many that have come from where Magnum suggested.

*****TIP***** Start buying alot of knives and you will be a skinnyguywithaknife because you won't be able too afford to eat! :lol:
fatkidwithablade

lol,nice. But probably gonna be true.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

whippersnapper wrote:Howdy fatkidwithaknife! I am a fatoldguywithalotofknives. Many that have come from where Magnum suggested.

*****TIP***** Start buying alot of knives and you will be a skinnyguywithaknife because you won't be able too afford to eat! :lol:

Let me add to Mr Snappers advice. If you buy now, buy often and buy quality when you reach Jerrbears age you could sell high and live life like a king, a big fat king.

SD
fatkidwithablade

of course,that was my evil plan all along :twisted:
fatkidwithablade

i am liking bladeauction...lots of nice stilletos yay colors
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The really cheap Stilettos [$15 and under] are oriental :( Go the extra bucks and get the ones that are real Italian.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Vagrant wrote:The really cheap Stilettos [$15 and under] are oriental :( Go the extra bucks and get the ones that are real Italian.
I hear that!! I buy frequently from bladebid. I'm the kinda guy who doesn't like waiting on the auction to end.. BUY IT NOW is the way to go! and you can't beat an 11" Stiletto for around $40 :wink:
" If it ain't sharp, it ain't gonna cut the mustard"
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Howdy Fatkid.

I'll let you in on a little secret about ebay; The 5cm blade length limit has always been there. The sellers put that in the adds to keep up the illusion that ebay doesn't know what they are selling, and everyone's happy.
Do yourself a favor, and start learning as much as you can before you spend your money. (you've come to the right place)

M.P.E.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

MPE:

You mean no 5cm Pickloc. :lol:

SD
butch

Post by butch »

welcome aboard fatkidwithaknife.I agree with vagrant go the extra bucks you wont be sorry.The italians with imitation scales naturaly theyre are cheaper but good quality much better than the china made and they can be had for around 30 to $35 dollars.Blade auction and bladebid are about the two best pplaces to go I almost forgot you can also check out http://www.knifeauction.com.