Smoker or Non?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Smoke?

Pack a day
8%
MORE THEN THAT!!
12%
Often but less then a pack a day
15%
Occasionally
12%
Cigar/Pipe Only
4%
Anything tobbaco related
No votes
Have quit
38%
Never even started
12%

Total votes: 26

J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Smoker or Non?

Post by J-man »

Sometimes here (In my mind adleast) we have some off topic polls, so I figured I wondering if your a Smoker or Non (or Occasional). THIS COUNTS FOR TOBBACO ONLY hehe.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.J Man,I gave up smoking ciggarettes back in 76,but I continued smoking the herb and the resin up until 4 years ago when I had an 8 hour heart attack before I got to hospital.Someone must have been looking down on me that day,because they said I should be dead,but I ain't!I still have the herb and the resin within arms reach of me,for the use of friends,but I have never been tempted.I do however have about two thousand dollars worth of COHIBA cigars in a burl walnut humidor right in front of me and everyday I open the lid and just take a deep breath!So far over the last year I have smoked just a small part of about 5 cigars!It's my special treat to myself on certain occasions,the same goes for my top shelf spirits too.As you get older you find,it's the little things in life that give you most pleasure!HAPPY TOKING J MAN :wink: Have one for me! 8) Cheers the spotlight kid. :lol:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

J-Man....48 years old and never smoked, even the funny stuff. Have done alot of second hand smoking, don't think that would could or would it. Still can run miles around my friends, younger and older. Even with my bad leg, still run 5 miles every morning.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Smoker

Post by 666 »

Hi all...I'm 49 and still smoke. :cry:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Razor you run five miles every morning with that leg... good for you. I jog and swim I'm not an athlete but I'm not a little weakling.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Smoking may kill me but it keeps me from killing those who deserve it.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

I'm 25 and didn't even start smoking, except for something occasional at some parties before I wa 23. Now I gave up even the occasionals. On the other side, as Ray and crmnl surely know, I like to drink and gamble. ;-)

M.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

A man's gotta have some vices! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
komodo

Post by komodo »

I've got C.O.P.D. and my doctor told me I'll be dead in 10 years if I don't quit. I've cut back to 3 packs a day, nobody's going to live forever!

John
If it's not fun, why do it?
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

I've cut back on my tobacco consumption over the past couple of years (have almost quit), but still enjoy my herb too much to give that up.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Never smoked cigarettes. Tried them once - a friend of mine and I smoked a pack of L&Ms over about a 2 hour period when we were 10 - but never got hooked. Smoked a pipe pretty regularly for about 10 years, but gave that up about 10 years ago. (Note the temporal symmetry of my tobacco experiences!) I now smoke cigars only, and those at an average rate of one every 2 weeks. Spotlight - I envy you your Cohibas. My personal favorite Cubanos are Monte Cristo No.2s. I get them from Spain at $5 a pop. 8)

Greyblade
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Gave up smoking 9 years ago, but later started to use snus (snuff, or whatever you call it. 'smokeless tobacco'?). Snus is quite common in Scandinavia, but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. I know EU tried to ban it a while ago. dunno how it went.

but still, party smoker? yes
cigar? yes, occasionally
some of the other alternatives? yes but don't remember them right now

But only one vote was counting, so it had to be 'quit'.

bye bye

edited to add:
oh forgot. sorry! I'VE NEVER TOUCHED MARY JANE OR ANY OTHER norway ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE! Absinth, on the other hand...
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Greyblade wrote:My personal favorite Cubanos are Monte Cristo No.2s. I get them from Spain at $5 a pop. 8)

Greyblade
Mr. GreyBlade,

Importing Cubanos into the USA? I will not condone the importation of something that may be considered illegal! Well, maybe.

Mr. Joint-Man,

I quit smoking in 1980 right before I met Mrs. Bonzo. I was watching dear old Dad coughing and hacking up his morning ritual when I decided this stuff is not for me. When he passed away in 95, the pathologist was so impressed with his lung cancer, he took a sample for his private collection. Besides, cigarette smoke is sickening. I can handle pipe or cigar smoke but cigg's are nasty.

Mr. Arthas,

Well now, we'll just have to arrange a little poker game in Eugene next year. My favorite game is 'Bonzo wins'.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
race
Location: In Scottsdale, AZ where I'm very busy Hating Liberals and Loving Freedom /Autos are not illegal here

Post by race »

I smoke consistently, but less than a pack a day(usually). I'd like to quit but can't seem to get pass the cravings. I'm goning to try again soon. I've been a hard drinker and hard user (herb too, but I don't consider that a "hard" vice) for most of my life. Currently I'm completely sober. Just thoght I'd try that for a while and see where it gets me. Once I quit smoking tobacco as well, then I'll be truly sober with no chemical vices what so ever. This way of life isn't for everybody. I'm not even completely sure it's for me. I just want to give it a try and see. Happy smoking, toking, and drinking to all that still enjoy....
Race; Hater of Liberals, Lover of firearms, Collector of Switchblades, Enjoyer of Freedom.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

race,

I've got a friend who says that it's easy to quyit smoking cigarettes. In fact, he's done it dozens of times. :P

Greyblade