AB is OK

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This almost "Bite the hand that feeds you" day. And I'm not HUNGRY.
Some of those beautiful oldies were made with Carbon Steel :D :D :D
BUT in some cases it was NOT hardened and tempered :shock: :shock:
It is time to "Quit bitching" and think of good, workable ideas on how to FIX this :idea: :idea: If our friends in Maniago have a problem, WE have a problem. Time to solve the problem togeather like friends do :!:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:This almost "Bite the hand that feeds you" day. And I'm not HUNGRY.
Some of those beautiful oldies were made with Carbon Steel :D :D :D
BUT in some cases it was NOT hardened and tempered :shock: :shock:
It is time to "Quit bitching" and think of good, workable ideas on how to FIX this :idea: :idea: If our friends in Maniago have a problem, WE have a problem. Time to solve the problem togeather like friends do :!:
best idea i've heard since this thread started :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

best idea i've heard since this thread started
There was another thread on the subject but I can't seem to find it now?

SD
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

stepdaddy wrote:
best idea i've heard since this thread started
There was another thread on the subject but I can't seem to find it now?

SD
it's gone byby :cry:
teq
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The announcement from Teddy says in part "...the entire thread 'Huge leap or Mistake' has been deleted. Mr. Arthas has made it clear that the price increases are not a mistake."

I would appear that there are those who do not understand that there are mistakes and then there are mistakes. Most who posted on that deleted thread realized, after the dust had settled (and Arthas first spoke), that doubling the prices was not accidental and was not caused by some sort of mistake.

The discussion went well beyond that. Many were questioning the way the price increase was handled (no warning or advance explanation) and perhaps more importantly the wisdom of dealing with a problem in this particular way. To many that was a HUGE mistake, and one that could well have a devastating impact on the industry and the hobby it supplies.

I would be eager to help our friends in Maniago as Vagrant suggests, but how would that be accomplished except by the free flow of ideas through some forum such as this? Maybe a secure chat room environment where eavesdroppin and censorship would not be issues.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I don't think it's was right that the whole "Huge leap or Mistake" thread was deleted. :?
Mr. Arthas should allow us to continue beating a subject to death as long as we have the stamina to keep it up. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

HeeHee! Image

I'm just so glad I got the two I have, because when it comes to any more, my cup runneth ...empty. At least for now.

As the original post asked, I must answer: no, it isn't worth it to me to spend 200-300%% more. Just gonna be happy with what I have and value them all the more, if that's possible.

I don't think it's so devastating or anything that dramatic. They have more losses and those have to be covered. Makes sense, however unfortunate it is for those who have not yet accumulated the real deals.

Have some gumbo and catfish for me, since yer up! :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The other thread had turned into a "bitch session" with people even questioning Mickys honesty :shock: It was not a "free flow of ideas" it was a "lynch mob". It was democracy in action [just like a cattle stampede :roll: ] Like my Grandfather said "The trouble with democracy is - even the democrats get to vote" :wink: We can do better than that thread :!: Maybe it should have been locked and left in place as an example of the way NOT to do things :idea:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

i still think sending them to mexico was a good idea. :wink:
teq
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

tequiza wrote:i still think sending them to mexico was a good idea. :wink:

ME TOONESS!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
MegaDave

Post by MegaDave »

I thought the other thread was just stateing the fact that NOBODY is going to pay $200 for a NEW italian style switchblade. What is wrong with that? So far they are the only company to raise prices that high.Hey I love this site...but I'm never going to pay that much. :lol: :shock: I don't too many of us has money to throw away--------Dave
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

My only complaint and still is that we were not told in advance. That would go with any product that is for sale. Al if you went to the packy for a $14 bottle of sambucca and when the guy rang it up for $30 you would say nothing? Thats my point prices are raised all the time in buisness it's the nature of the beast but most give their customers a heads up. We are mods here and didn't even get a heads up. This is the last I am saying on this issue for in reality it has no effect whatsoever on me. They could go 5 times higher and it would mean nothing to me. But it's one hell of a deterent to those that don't know there way around the internet and who has what for sale. But with time comes knowledge.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Maybe there were better ways to do the price increase :? An announcement or request for ideas, in the mods section would have been one idea. But we are using 20/20 hindsight to critique the answer to a poblem. We should now disscuss what we do NEXT :idea: I do not have any brilliant ideas. I don't even have any useful ideas at all :!: One problem [seizures] caused another [price increase]. The next idea should not cause another problem and should help correct the price increase not just complain about it. The price increase hurt ALL of us. I doubt very much that AB/SKM is working overtime counting their vast increase in profits :roll: We should remember it is NOT Italian Customs that are seizing packages :idea: I do not think compaining to OUR Government[s] will help, so that idea is a bad one :wink:
NoneOfTheAbove
Location: It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Post by NoneOfTheAbove »

Looks like the Massaro Forum Knives have remained the same? Is that right? Get while the getting's good!
NSC 5412
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Dumb questions #592 & 593 (my list)

What are "mods" and where is the "mods section"?