Switchblades of Italy

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Snapdagger

Post by Snapdagger »

Thanks Jim D. I hate to see these guys loosing out on sales because of something stupid their publishers are doing.
ragtime red

Re: Switchblades of Italy

Post by ragtime red »

Snapdagger wrote:I understand the authors of this book frequent this forum. I want to let you know that I ordered your book from Turner publishing online. I received a letter in the mail today that they DECLINED my order. The online order form was in the envelope with "no phone number" highlighted. Well, yea, I'm one of those old farts that don't give my phone number out for the PRIVELEDGE of spending $47.00 on a book. I'm on enough telemarketer's lists thank you. Sorry to bitch like this, but it looked like a cool book and I'm just a little bit pissed. Guess I'll go to Bladeauction and spend it on a knife. Anybody else had this problem?

Snap
Snapdagger, I'm one of the authors of the book. I am totally unaware of the fact that the publisher is doing this, nor do I have any understanding of why. My reaction to this is pretty much the same as yours. I don't like to give my phone number to anybody. I'm sure this is just part of their online system. This book was a labor of love and never was about money, but we'd love to get back the money that we put it into it to get it published. I give you my word that I'll be talking to them first thing Monday morning, and I'm sorry this happened. I don't blame you for being pissed, and I'll let you know what I find out.
Tim Zinser AKA Ragtime Red
Snapdagger

Post by Snapdagger »

Thank you sir. It's an honor to hear from you, and I will acquire this book when I can find it. I hope you can convince them to change their policy, for everyone's benefit. There were no other problems to my knowledge ( CC number was correct, address correct) They highlighted the phone entry box on the order form and someone had handwritten beside it " No Phone #". Thanks again.

Snapdagger
switchblade

Post by switchblade »

snapdagger ,you did it now someones ass is in the meat grinder !!!!
Just kidding. Rather cool to hear from Ragtime Red
switchblade
ragtime red

Post by ragtime red »

Snapdagger wrote:Thank you sir. It's an honor to hear from you, and I will acquire this book when I can find it. I hope you can convince them to change their policy, for everyone's benefit. There were no other problems to my knowledge ( CC number was correct, address correct) They highlighted the phone entry box on the order form and someone had handwritten beside it " No Phone #". Thanks again.

Snapdagger
I talked to Turner Publishing this morning. The lady I spoke with said that she didn't think that the absence of a phone number should stop an order, but she wasn't positive. She did say that they ask for the phone number in case there is an error with the cc #/ exp. date etc. It doesn't sound like this was the problem in your case. She did say that without a doubt, they don't pass the phone number on or use them for telemarketing purposes. I think that Knife World Publications is handling the book, you might try them online if you are still interested. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. Arthas just got my last copy or I'd work something out with you!
sakura

Post by sakura »

whats everyone talkin bout? I love telemarketers. when they ask if I'd like to purchas long distance I ask how much it is per foot. if they ask if I'd like to purchas a subscription to magazines or newspapers I ask them what a blind man would do with them. if they offer vinel <-sp plastic siding I ask them where I'd put it in my 8 by 10 u store it. I look foreward to telemarketer calls.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

sakura wrote:whats everyone talkin bout? I love telemarketers. when they ask if I'd like to purchas long distance I ask how much it is per foot. if they ask if I'd like to purchas a subscription to magazines or newspapers I ask them what a blind man would do with them. if they offer vinel <-sp plastic siding I ask them where I'd put it in my 8 by 10 u store it. I look foreward to telemarketer calls.
I just tell them I'm a consultant and the next question they ask will be billed at my usual fee [$143.87 per hour, one hour minimum]. The fact they called me proves they want my opinion and it ain't free :!:
Snapdagger

Got it!

Post by Snapdagger »

Hello again,
Hope I'm not breakin' rules by telling everyone that even LIKES vintage stilettos to get this one. My wife ( got me a good un') bought it for me on my birthday ( I think she used a FAKE PHONE NUMBER- SO THERE TURNER PUBLISHING HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY!) Congrats to Mr. Ragtime Red and his friends, you've done a great job! I've even READ the words about 4 times in addition to constantly drooling over the pics. Great job guys. Now when are going to see volume II?

Snapdagger
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Snapdagger,

You are most certainly not breaking any rules by providing a review of a book (or of a knife). I agree with your assessment of the book.

Jim