Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
RoYLanDz

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by RoYLanDz »

BTB0923 wrote:
One of the "stuffs"?
Ouh. There's more coming up. Just wait 'till its done. Please bear for the inconvenience.
BTB0923 wrote: 1929-2004?
Ouh. Jeez. Never thought that the year that I should be encoded to my journal directly paste in here. Sorry. That wasn't suppose to be here.
BTB0923 wrote:The first movie on the list is from 1924, not 1929. I don't get what 2004 has to do with anything. That gif is from the movie Clockwork Orange btw... we got it a while back...

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... rk#p198005
Well, thanks for the info. Yeah I already known that movie. Seen it a couple of times and I even can't digest most of the dehumanization of the scenes.
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

There are a few knives to see in the movie "Roberto Succo" (2001) - 53:08. Two of them were automatics
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

RoYLanDz wrote: Ouh. There's more coming up. Just wait 'till its done. Please bear for the inconvenience.

Ouh. Jeez. Never thought that the year that I should be encoded to my journal directly paste in here. Sorry. That wasn't suppose to be here.

Well, thanks for the info. Yeah I already known that movie. Seen it a couple of times and I even can't digest most of the dehumanization of the scenes.
I believe the word you are looking for is "Duh", not "Ouh". :roll: If you'd like to contribute to the thread, then that's great...but please make sure to check the list we have compiled before posting random gifs.

By the way, why does your avatar say "ADMIN"? Are you trying to pose as an administrator of this forum? That's not cool, I suggest you change it.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Referring to this- http://www.networkawesome.com/show/swit ... 1929-2004/

Out of BTB's list I like to see the real old movies with switches. Don't you know back in those days it may have been the first time some folk ever saw a switchblade.
Just think,some of those kids at the theater were amazed and that scene stuck with them for a life time.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I suspect back then it was more like "oh hmmm, odd knife, whatever". They didnt have the appeal they do now because while they were new, they were not really anything special. (now they have appeal because were told they are bad and restricted "YOU cant have one", and because they are somewhat rare and unique because we have little exposure to them in everyday life)

A lot of people probably glossed completely over the fact of how it opened (as they should, a knife is a knife, regardless).
Others may have taken no notice because they owned a knife exactly like that, and it was completely normal back then to have a spring opening knife (no difference between that and a lockback manual)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

WTF? Did somebody rip my videos?!? The reason that the list ends at 2004 is because they didn't include my 2005-2009 vid. How did you find that Viking?

edit: nevermind, I googled it. My vids aren't ripped, just embedded. It looks like this is where RoYLanDz got his gif from also, and the rest of his first post :roll: ...

http://networkawesome.tumblr.com/post/1 ... -1929-2004
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Theres been a few of these post that consist of nothing more than copy-pasting from other internet sources lately. Like the one in the hellraiser knife thread.

Hmmmmm, new style of bot? :?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

This is an open forum and anyone can read it but cannot post unless a member.
It would be no prob to come here and copy/paste.
I wish it were like Bob's forum(Sharper Deal),you have to be a member to read anything there.

BTB- I just had a gut feeling on the way it was posted so I copied/pasted it to google and that site came up.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Viking45 wrote: I wish it were like Bob's forum(Sharper Deal),you have to be a member to read anything there.
I agree with you Viking.
RoYLanDz

Post by RoYLanDz »

jimbeam wrote:
Viking45 wrote: I wish it were like Bob's forum(Sharper Deal),you have to be a member to read anything there.
I agree with you Viking.
So do I.

Enough with the blabbing. I'd better move on.
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Black Stiletto - side opener in Highlander (The MiniSeries) Season 2 Episode 2 - "Pharaoh's Daughter" - about 20 minutes in -- :D :D
Belmont800
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Vagabund wrote:There are a few knives to see in the movie "Roberto Succo" (2001) - 53:08. Two of them were automatics
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Belmont800 wrote:Black Stiletto - side opener in Highlander (The MiniSeries) Season 2 Episode 2 - "Pharaoh's Daughter" - about 20 minutes in -- :D :D
It's actually episode 18 :) ...

Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

BTB0923 wrote:
Belmont800 wrote:Black Stiletto - side opener in Highlander (The MiniSeries) Season 2 Episode 2 - "Pharaoh's Daughter" - about 20 minutes in -- :D :D
It's actually episode 18 :) ...

Thanks BTB!!!! NetFlix .......oh well :lol: :lol:
Belmont800
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

In "The Wild Bunch" (1969), one of the characters flicks open a large folder to cut the fuse on dynamite. Don't think the knife is an auto because he opens it by flicking his wrist, but the knife resembles a Kabar Grizzly.