wooden inlays

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jester King

wooden inlays

Post by Jester King »

ok, i really like this knife (the mini ruckus) but i really like the wine wooden inlays at the bottom, is there any where i can find those for maybe cheaper? or is it best to order from them?

thank you

http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ ... ?model=615
Gort

Re: wooden inlays

Post by Gort »

Blade HQ has the blackwood version for $141

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchmade- ... Mini--1217

I've not done business with Blade HQ so do not know how reliable they are.

You can then get the winewood in-lays from

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... l?s=BM615A

(actually it looks like you can get the mini rukus from them also)

for about $28

Jester King wrote:ok, i really like this knife (the mini ruckus) but i really like the wine wooden inlays at the bottom, is there any where i can find those for maybe cheaper? or is it best to order from them?

thank you

http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ ... ?model=615
Last edited by Gort on Tue May 06, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Gort
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BladHQ is a subsidary of BladePlay. Both are owned by Cam who is a member here and on the "good ones" list. They are usually pretty competitive on pricing.
Jester King

Post by Jester King »

thanks gort i'll have to check that out, i have done buisness with blade HQ myself, they were very fast at shipping, also i noticed that it said that auto's are for active police and military only, does that mean i cant get one?
Gort

Post by Gort »

That will depend entirely on your scruples, Sargent.
Jester King wrote:also i noticed that it said that auto's are for active police and military only, does that mean i cant get one?
-Gort
Jester King

Post by Jester King »

well m8 i dont wanna be lying, but not all sites i have found say that
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Saw a statement once that said "or procurers for the military or militia". Since I consider myself a one man militia...thats not lying, is it??
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

El Gringo wrote:Saw a statement once that said "or procurers for the military or militia". Since I consider myself a one man militia...thats not lying, is it??
I'm thinking yes. :mrgreen:
Mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Legally, virtually EVERY able-bodied male is a member of theUnorganized Militia :idea: And, if called upon is EXPECTED to report with a Rifle [and bayonet] suitable for Military Service :!:
Frank

Post by Frank »

Jester King wrote:thanks gort i'll have to check that out, i have done buisness with blade HQ myself, they were very fast at shipping, also i noticed that it said that auto's are for active police and military only, does that mean i cant get one?
That is , for the most part, a CYA thing. In 1998, when I first started getting into switchblades I wanted to buy my wife a Benchmade Mel Pardue auto. The guy at the shop, a local LE supplier, told her it was LEO. I was in my security guard uniform and I walked up about the time he told her that. He looked at me and said"He can buy any LEO gear no questions asked". She keeps it in the roll-top desk in the computer room. (That, in and of itself, has definite advantages.)

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Vagrant wrote:Legally, virtually EVERY able-bodied male is a member of theUnorganized Militia :idea: And, if called upon is EXPECTED to report with a Rifle [and bayonet] suitable for Military Service :!:
I'm kinda thinkin this won't getcha very far with the local coppers if ya get caught with illegal weapons. Nice sentiment though. :wink:
Mike
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Its ok here in Pa to collect them as curios, but not to carry. Thats cool with me, I just carry a Kershaw for g.p., plus a permit for my 1911. I know that lil' button makes them too leathal for the ave Joe to handle! :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Vanagas wrote:
Vagrant wrote:Legally, virtually EVERY able-bodied male is a member of theUnorganized Militia :idea: And, if called upon is EXPECTED to report with a Rifle [and bayonet] suitable for Military Service :!:
I'm kinda thinkin this won't getcha very far with the local coppers if ya get caught with illegal weapons. Nice sentiment though. :wink:
Correct but it meets the requirement of the dealer that said Police or Militia :wink:
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I wonder what all the LEO's do with all the stilettos we see for sale on the internet? :lol: