black tactical stilletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
leighdog

black tactical stilletto

Post by leighdog »

Does anyone have a 9 inch Fb black tactical switch?Its all black with a teflon blade and rubberized scales.i have a question for who ever has one.
h1942

Post by h1942 »

I have 1 with dark bone. Any help? h1942
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Maybe,what i have is the back rib of the knife that has the lock has a split in it.I have seen photos from and it kind of looks like its there.Im hoping its the way the knife is made but regular ones dont have it.Im thinking its broken.I did receive it like that so im not sure.Can you check yours and see if its there?
Grim

Post by Grim »

there is nothing wrong with your F.B tactical.The lowcost line - are just assembled with differnt springs than the normal stilettos along with screws rather than pins and a different steel matierial apposed to nickel silver which is the default stiletto bolster material.
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Thank you for the input sir""I do appreciate it very much.I kind of thought they were supposed to be like that.
h1942

Post by h1942 »

That's FB's Switch line. Mine is a classic. Sorry I could not Help. h1942
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Grim wrote:there is nothing wrong with your F.B tactical.The lowcost line - are just assembled with differnt springs than the normal stilettos along with screws rather than pins and a different steel matierial apposed to nickel silver which is the default stiletto bolster material.
Master Grim,

You sure know your stuff!

What means "default stiletto bolster material?"
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

The "default stiletto bolster material" on all of my recent-issue stilettos is stainless steel. :?
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, besides the leverletto, stainless bolsters are the norm.
whiskers

Post by whiskers »

I recently bought 2.I have to look mine over.the scales feel kinda funky, but it makes for a nice solid grip
if everyone likes you, then you are most likely a coward who is too afraid to take a firm position on anything worthwhile
RAZOR SHARP

!

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

we had a guy start up one of those stores in our town that sells cheap novalty stuff (shirts, flags, swords. ...etc) Well he had a whole display case full of knives, fixed and folders. The majority were switches so I sauntered up to it and began the verbal inquiry. I found out pretty quick that he knew little of the switchs hitory. He brough out a box about 2 x 2 full of new Mikov's!! I found one I liked and talked him down to $45 and my girlfriend found a frank beltrame' all black tactacle. She pointed out the same backspring split and the fact it fired poorly. The guy ended up giving it to her for $45 also. I gave em a good WD-40 spray down and we are snapping happy today!! :D

I wish every one could find deals like these all the time!!! :shock:

:wink:
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE
TOPFLITE

Post by TOPFLITE »

Haven't bought any of the "switchline" stilettos for a while, but the split
you're referring to is (at least on the older models) a replacable spring
inserted much like the springs on the "magic knife" DIY stiletto kits. The
backspring and kickspring are two different pieces. Hope that helps.
Honest, Honey. I'm only going to buy one more...
butch

Post by butch »

I had one and the blade wouldnt lock into the handle (bought it that way) and it was a very simple fix.I got it from one of stu's auctions for $17 8)