Is this a decent Gravity knife ?.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MR

Post by MR »

butch wrote:
These knives really do seem to be the tops !. They are banned on Ebay, Gravity knives are basicly a switchblade.
these knives are just an otf "without" a spring but oddly they are legal in a lot of states,they sell them here in Pa.
Are they actually legal in PA, or just sold and overlooked?
butch

Post by butch »

(c) Definition.--As used in this section "offensive
weapon" means... any... dagger, knife, razor or cutting
instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic
way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or
otherwise...
this is a quote from the Pa state knife laws.
or just sold and overlooked?
this "is" a possibility
tonestar

Post by tonestar »

Awww hell. Copes Dist sent me a very polite email to say that they don't ship to UK :cry: . You guys will just have to tell me all about it, I give up.....
"This is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I wasn't previously aware of."
boden

Post by boden »

Saikuri

Post by Saikuri »

Whoa!, I never thought there were still that many around, sorry I missed the links for you, Tony.
You Republican's better keep up!: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Received the LL80 gravity knife from Cope's this day. It's certainly a BIG ole clunker...
The blade is plenty sharpness, and plenty wobblyness in both directions. It's my first and only gravity knife - Kinda cool, just for something different.

There is a little, square, spring-loaded button that sits flush inna handle just below the bolster. I can't figure out what it does. Can someone please tell me what it's for? Thanks for any info!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Sharperd

Post by Sharperd »

JerrBear , With the blade inside the frame , Push the button in and slide the metal top bolster upwards and remove . Slide the handles apart and the blade can be removed. Take down / Field stripping for cleaning.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Sharperd wrote:JerrBear , With the blade inside the frame , Push the button in and slide the metal top bolster upwards and remove . Slide the handles apart and the blade can be removed. Take down / Field stripping for cleaning.
Wowie, Zowie, Mr. Sharperd!
That was mos' quickness! Thank you!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Sharperd

Post by Sharperd »

Your mos welcomeness :D
Saikuri

Post by Saikuri »

I just worked out the field stripping mechanism myself, it's the best style of it I've ever come across, these are certainly marvellous knives!.
You Republican's better keep up!: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

and plenty wobblyness in both directions.
These knives are pretty solid usually? At least the one I got. :?:
chopsueyluey

Post by chopsueyluey »

Plenty'o wobble on mine as well. Sharp and quite useful so far at work. I use it to open boxes and cut plastic straps from crates. I bought it for a work horse and I believe it will suffice. If anyone takes theirs down and sees a way to tighten blade wobble without losing gravity action please post.
BTW I used to own a gravity knife that was a bit different. It was a side opener that opened with a " flick". It said 007 on it and was big and sharp and cost about $20 back 35 yeas ago. It took some practice to get the "flick" right but once you mastered it it was easy to open. I think the OAL was about a foot! It was quite the piece. I never see them anymore as they were probably not the best made items and have since deteriorated. Would be curious to hear if any of you remember this knife?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

whippersnapper wrote:
and plenty wobblyness in both directions.
These knives are pretty solid usually? At least the one I got. :?:
Mine is also absolutely rock solid. No blade play whatsoeverness. :? :?
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
magnum

Post by magnum »

I've got 2 of the Gravity's and both are solid with No bladeplay whatsoever.

magnum
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
avicci

Post by avicci »

I recently got one from Cope's as well based on recommendations from this forum. Shipping was real fast, but mine wobbles quite a bit also.

Avicci