Steel Whips

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"well here's fifty cents,call somebody who cares."
Damn I'm old I remember when it was a DIME :!:
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

I've got a genuine German example on the way from The Sportsman's Guide(of blessed memory,evergreen!), and will share my findings.
I'll also be getting one of the new made examples, fairly soon.
Life has no value, but death has it's price
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

The device showed up yesterday-ouch!
For crowd control there's nothing to beat it-except maybe the sjambok, which is not quite as portable.
The end segment has a small solid rod, about an inch long-making this onehalfway between the Blitz whip(which felt light and floaty)and the Sipo model, which will take life.
I could get into designing these things- imagine one with a solid rod for a final section, perhaps with a ball on the end.
A polygonal knob, or even a flower with sharp points comes to mind.
So many weapons, so little time!!!
RunningWithScissors

Extendo Battons

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I have owned many of those extendo battons they are great weapons to bring to a rumble or to break someones legs because he cut me off on the freeway. :twisted: .. anywho i have boken a few of these things, bent and warped a few more the real good quality ones cost alot more but some you can unscrew the little ball at the end and put on various bone breakers. It is possible to get spring loaded battons too they are much better because the ones that open with centriffical force, if opend too hard will lock and will create trouble closeing and in alot of cases thats how warping happens (when you smash the sh*t out of it trying to close it). The spirng loaded ones have ball beariong inside each extension to help the weapon to slide open and closed with ease!!..
I wish i could get my hands on a spring loaded extendo batton, they are illegal in Canada.
Any guy can kill another person with a gun!!
But it takes a real man to get up close and STAB!
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

Pilgrim, you worry me.
If you are indeed into breaking legs over traffic beefs, and shocking yourself with your stun gun, know this:
Canada has a very harsh habitual offender law that could see you in stir for the rest of your natural life.
Repeated electrical shock will induce nureopathy(numbness) quite quickly, and it is often permanent.
People who shock their private parts to cause repeated orgasms soon lose all sexual function-this is one of the most fearful effects of the electical tortures used by secret police units, and they usually tell the victim so when they start.
The put on was one of the most purile hippie habits, that's why it went out with the sixties.
The people here have been nice to you-so be a straight guy with us, fun is fun, and you've been amusing for a while, but now there's time to be serious.
Fun's fun, y'know, but if you are really serious, I don't think I want to answer any more questions from you, for fear of harm to you, or the innocent!
(If anyone in Canada is innocent, that is.)
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Mr. Mors Profundus,

I second that :!: :!:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Killing or maiming idiots [even when they deserve it] is a bad idea, unless they have behaved badly enough to make it legal.
RunningWithScissors

Mors Profundus:

We live in a society where the pizza gets to your house before the police do. People all around me (includeing myself) are getting fed up with all levels of government and there ability to keep criminals in jail. So what does a proud and faithfull patriot do for his country??? Participate in Militia like activity. You as an American should know all about takeing the law in to your own hands. Now dont try and make me out to be some lunatic hick That shocks himself with stun guns all day long and gets in to fights over minor traffic disputes. I feel i have th right to protect my family and home at any cost, and i wouldnt have any problem takeing the life of someone who would put them in danger. I work hard for what i have and it angers me how some people have been raised with no respect for themselves or other people. Please keep in mind that you are talking on a forum that talks about weapons. What are weapons for?? well i dont know but if you find out please let me know...... :wink:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Please keep in mind that you are talking on a forum that talks about weapons. What are weapons for??
We like to think of them as tools and collectibles.

SD
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

Having been to war-two Purple Hearts and the Bronze Star-having killed twenty-three men and beaten the guacamole out of more than that, I take offence at your words.
You chose to give the impression I took from your words.
And I've heard it all before.
You must live in a mighty rough part of Canada, or you saw "Death Wish" too often on the VCR.
Did you get robbed? Did the bullies at school make you miserable? Are you afraid?(no shame in that, without fear there is no courage), you want respect?
Well, Sunny Jim, follow these simple rules to be a real warrior:
Respect yourself-never act the clown or the fool.
Respect others-if for no other reason than you may need them someday, and the man who is feared and hated has no friends, all are joyful at his misfortune.
Respect life-do not destroy what you cannot replace, except at direst necessity.
Respect your weapons-these are a responsibility, not a box of toys. They are a warrior's reason to be.
Respect and help the weak-we are none of us more than a second from being cripples, and every man grows old, if he lives long enough.
Respect order-without it there is no quality of life.
Respect justice, for there can be no order without it.
Respect wisdom, it is priceless.
Respect courage, but do not confuse it with stupidity.
Above all, remember that this is a hard and lonely path, and the man who seeks revenge should first dig two graves, that one must be prepared for defeat, and that death waits for all of us in the end.
(From the I Chink, the book of Carry-out).
Now, stop cutting the fool, pal, and act like you have some sense!
RunningWithScissors

Got Beef?

:) Touche, Mors Profundus, Touche!!! :)

I Respect your reply and will try to act more sensible and civil in future posts. I am sorry for any discomfort I may have caused and wish all the best to you and your family.

Hey, Im not really a bad guy you know, I just seem to speak (type) before I think.!

:wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Got Beef?

Post by Vagrant »

RunningWithScissors wrote::)

Hey, Im not really a bad guy you know, I just seem to speak (type) before I think.!

:wink:
I coudn't possibly relate to that and have no idea how someone could do that :roll:
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Mors, very cogent reply sir. I especially liked the "Respect Others" part. I copied that one down to share with some pals. I actually do have a copy of the I Ching on my bookshelf and could believe some of those sentiments are closely paraphrased if not word for word.
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

Now we're talkin' RWS(long handle you have)-and I must say that we are all as God made us, and some are much worse.
Welcome to the loon room.
I use the crazy act, too-scares people and avoids confrontations-but it's hard to drop, and people really start to think of you as a nut.
The most educational story of the warrior way I ever read was this:
A noted Japanese swordsman was taking a short sea voyage.
On the boat, there were a number of noisy and uncouth ronin.
One said to him"What style of swordplay do you follow?"
The master said"I use the no sword school."
The bully challenged him to a fight to see this new school, so they hopped into a skiff and rowed to an island nearby.
The hoodlum jumped off the boat, and drew his long sword.
The master pushed off the skiff, and rowed away, calling"This is the no sword style!".
You always win the battle you avoid honorably.
The story is from "My Dick is Moby"by Spillaine Melville, Herman's brother who became a PI in Boston.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Mors Profundus wrote: The master pushed off the skiff, and rowed away
This is an excellent tactic in certain limited situations but one cannot walk the "mean streets" with a rowboat in his pocket. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."