Want to buy a Laguiole "Extra" auto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rnchesnut

Want to buy a Laguiole "Extra" auto

Post by rnchesnut »

Looking for a Laguiole " Extra" auto with brass bolsters, black acrylic scales, brass etched liners and a n/s rectangular button. Safety is rectangular brass. The marking Laguiole Extra is on the blade with what looks like a crossbow. Mint condition not essential but.should be in good working condition and no major cosmetic flaws. Email preffered to rnchesnut1@gmail.com
Chris51P

Re: Want to buy a Laguiole "Extra" auto

Post by Chris51P »

rnchesnut wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:59 pm Looking for a Laguiole " Extra" auto with brass bolsters, black acrylic scales, brass etched liners and a n/s rectangular button. Safety is rectangular brass. The marking Laguiole Extra is on the blade with what looks like a crossbow. Mint condition not essential but.should be in good working condition and no major cosmetic flaws. Email preffered to rnchesnut1@gmail.com
Adams International Knives just sold one. https://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/p ... ob6p26btc7. Only difference is that it had been rescaled in Mammoth Ivory or it was a new model. It didn't say which. They don't come around very often. Like looking for hens teeth. Attached is a pic of one that I have. Is this what you are looking for? If it is I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
Laquiole ''G David'' Flipper.png
Laquiole ''G David'' Flipper.png (309.29 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Chris’ looks great. All the ones with original scales I seem to come across, the scales have shrunk drastically.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

JulesVane wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 pm Chris’ looks great. All the ones with original scales I seem to come across, the scales have shrunk drastically.
I've had that problem too but it wasn't a knife
2024 candidate for president
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

JulesVane wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:01 pm Chris’ looks great. All the ones with original scales I seem to come across, the scales have shrunk drastically.
Thanks for the kind words Chris. The knife is in very good condition considering the scale warping issue. They should have fitted a center pin, but I have a feeling that the warping didn't show up for years after they stopped producing them. The blade on this one is flawless... got lucky. I may contact Bill one day to see if the scale fit can be corrected. My guess is that they can't.
rnchesnut

Post by rnchesnut »

Thanks Chris for the pic of the G.David Laguiole Extra. Hope I can find one. They are sleek and beautiful knives. And I love french autos.Rob.
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

hi
the shrinking issuse is not about shrinkage,it's an design cheat,meant to disguise the fact that
that the brass liners are much bigger in order to fit .springs,button,safety etc.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

I’m always learning something new everyday about the knife hobby but I don’t believe this was an intentional design flaw. As the inside of the knife well shows where the scales have overlapped past the brass liners. The scales have lost some of their curve and started to straighten out. Just my opinion.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

georgyboy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:42 am
hi
the shrinking issuse is not about shrinkage,it's an design cheat,meant to disguise the fact that
that the brass liners are much bigger in order to fit .springs,button,safety etc.
...I'm going to ponder this observation in depth...yep, I'm done pondering :lol:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

There’s one for sale at Latham’s Vintage Knives right now.