Switchblade vs Folding Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Switchblade vs Folding Knife

Post by sammy the blade »

I have quite a few Ganzos and am happy with them all. Great bang for your buck dollars
2024 candidate for president
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hi guys! Who has seen a new color(CG-cement grey) of Ganzo FH41 ?

I found it on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... bl_hsx_s_s

So I think I like it but still not sure…so what to do..heh
sammy the blade

I have quite a few Ganzos knives and for knife in the $20-$25 range they are hard to beat. If you buy on Amazon and you don't like it you can return it.
Charleslee

Post by Charleslee »

Hmmm? May have to pick up one of those Ganzos.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The Buck 110 Auto Elite can skin an elk and still slice paper. Paul Bos uses cryogenics on their S30V steel to attain this level of toughness and edge-holding ability.
Fishtail Picklock
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hi Guys

Would like to show you my new EDC knife from Ganzo FH91. He copes with everyday and outdoors tasks very well, tried it last week.
I bought it here https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=3

button_man

Post by button_man »

Depending on your specific outdoor activities, you may want to seriously consider bringing a machete. If you're going trout-fishing for an afternoon, it probably won't be necessary; but I would certainly bring one for camping or extended hiking trips.

Back in the 1980s, I bought several inexpensive machetes made by Tramontina (Brazil). I figured that after I beat the first one to death, I'd have several backups.... so, no need to baby it. I've used that machete mercilessly -- even lost it in the woods a couple times, and found it several days later.... including one time, after it got rained on for days.... I just wiped it down with some oil and kept on hacking with it. I still have not needed to use one of the other machetes. This one is stained, has some rust here and there, some dings in the edge.... I just keep sharpening it with a file and hacking away. I have no doubt that it will outlast me.

For clearing brush, emergency shelter-building, even cutting down small trees -- the machete is versatile, lightweight, and rugged. I recommend that you buy an extra one and carry it in your vehicle at all times. (Always have a small file with your machete for sharpening)

As a friend of mine (USMC) has told me: "The best folder for any job is a fixed-blade."
14finklhun

Post by 14finklhun »

As someone who loves a good auto and uses one for EDC I would prefer a folder simply because I wouldn't want to have to clean out one of my autos in the case I had to use it to clean game/fish.
Lucifers switchblade

Post by Lucifers switchblade »

A Switchblade and a folding knife are two different kind of animals.in the wilderness I would use a none folding skinning knife. A folder as an edc more for like a tool. And a switchblade for the street period.
Where ever you go there you are.
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Today I`m carring my G720 by GANZO :asd: And what knife do you carry today?
If interesting it was bought here https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2

sammy the blade

Ganzo makes a good knife at low prices, I own quite a few of them.
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Yes, Ganzo make nice knives, so I orderd Ganzo FH41CF as Christmas gift to my son on Amazon store https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2 and we tried it today together.
Knife has good action and is sharpout of box. Hope my son test it more andI`ll tell you how it goes.