Before and After 13" AGA picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Before and After 13" AGA picklock

Post by thom »

Here is a 13" AGA Wasp Body. One of my favorite style knives. I bought this from AIK already customized with engraving and file work. It had the rare Kris Blade, had to have it. I like the burled scales but prefer horn. I found a set of Lucio Debion horn scales and had it rescaled. Hope you like it, cause I love the new scales. Here are before and after. I do still have the wood scales.
Thom

Last edited by thom on Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ljerr2

Re: Before and After

Post by ljerr2 »

L-O-V-E it! :)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I love it too Thom. Great choice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Andrew Lee Adams at AIK does a great job with engraving and filework, but one thing I can't deal with is when they replace the traditional brass pins with 24K plated screws. I see they didn't do that with the original one Thom got from them, which I'm sure glad to see. The Brazilian horn was a great decision to go with Thom. These Flatguard picklocks with kriss blades are tough to find.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

The pictures do it no justice. The scales are superb when in hand. I am really happy with the outcome. Thanks for your comments. Need I say who did the work? Jeremy
texans123

Post by texans123 »

I like the Before and After, but especially the Brazilian horn on the After. A beauty...very nice!
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Now that's some gorgeous horn, right there. Great makeover!
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

I liked it before but now it’s just special, beautiful horn I think these knives were supposed to have horn and the old guys tried and tested it and they knew what was best, wooden scales look great on other knives but not stilettos
Just my opinion.

Great knife
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Either is beautiful. As a dedicated pipe smoker for 51 yrs the burl does work well.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

hogwild wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 pm Either is beautiful. As a dedicated pipe smoker for 51 yrs the burl does work well.
i started about 5 years ago, just did a smoke with a new falcon and some plum pudding.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

That is just gorgeous Thom
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks, all. It was a tuff decision. But I still have the Burl just in case. I like them both, but I really like some nice cow horn.
thom

Re: Before and After 13" AGA picklock

Post by thom »

This maybe my favorite knife.