More Additions to the Repair pile....

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

More Additions to the Repair pile....

Post by kugr »

In the mix is a Mauro Mario (very top), Coricama (bottom left), Regal (bottom), Stainless Bonsa ( previous owner ruined the blade, welding), A springer (no backspring/spring, missing bolster, scales), a spanish OTF Zafrilla ( scale shrinkage, missing spring, not sure what else is missing), 2 rizzutos... (god help me....), 2 INOXID swing guards, ice scraper rizzy clone, and 3 old school americans...

This is only a partial list.... I'm still finding knives and parts randomly... after months (read- I still haven't fully moved in/unpacked).
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: More Additions to the Repair pile....

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

a lot going on that table,but it looks like fun.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I hate to sound pessimistic but you might want to prepare yourself for the possibility that the Bonsa blade can't be saved.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Oh yes.... It is a lost cause..... I'll be keeping my eye out for a replacement... If i'm luck, I might run across one (one day...) that has a great blade, but has a bad body.... haha. That one came in a lot with, the springer, imco,no named picklock, 2 mexican picklocks, and a few others in bad shape.
kugr

Post by kugr »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:13 pm a lot going on that table,but it looks like fun.

Yes it does.... now I just need to make the time to start on em
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

kugr wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 am Oh yes.... It is a lost cause..... I'll be keeping my eye out for a replacement... If i'm luck, I might run across one (one day...) that has a great blade, but has a bad body.
Actually, a flatgrind bo/c blade is a great starter replacement job. Once you are ready to try making a blade, that would be a great one. That is if there are no issues with the handle.
boblees812

Post by boblees812 »

Looks like your going to be busy
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

I have an extra flat grind that may work for you. What is the overall length of the blade once removed from the body?
slotef

Post by slotef »

Pretty nice collection of odds and ends. I have a smaller bone-pile. Mostly Rizzuto, one Schrade paratrooper, and some oddball pieces.
skirmish

Post by skirmish »

If that blade from the springer, is whole, I might be able to work a deal with you.
14finklhun

Post by 14finklhun »

Looks like a lot of fun and enough to keep ya busy for a little bit. love those vintage Italians
novice

Post by novice »

I see some blown apart Rizz, classic. What is the one at the top left with the wine red scales?
slotef

Post by slotef »

Hi Kugr, I like your collection of broken knives. Looking for the Zafrilla OTF since 1975. I have several vintage autos too that need repairs if you ever want to trade. They all have potential :)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Unfortunately, Kugr went MIA around the time he posted that pic. I guess it was just too much for him to handle.