Getting rid of old Moderators!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Henry Jones Jr.

Getting rid of old Moderators!!

Post by Henry Jones Jr. »

How does one become a moderator on Talkblade? I think it’s time we get rid of old moderators and have new folks take over here on Talkblade.

How is it possible old moderators who never purchase knives are in charge of a knife forum?!? Moderators should be a fine members of the hobby who are buying and selling and trading ever day. People who actively go to knife shows. People who actively search out new information to further the hobby.

I say it’s time we dump the old moderators and hand over the moderator status to great active members of the hobby.

If you aren’t actively buying new knives every week why would you be moderating a knife forum? Seems like a bad idea to let non knife collecting people have control of a forum.

Perhaps we can set up a voting system and vote in new moderators every year like we do for our political system. Otherwise the moderators turn in to tyrannical Dictators and the power goes to their heads and they do what ever they feel like.

I sent my idea to Arathas the owner of this site so hopefully we can see some changes here to get rid of the old dead weight regime and get some new enthusiastic and real collectors who can make this forum great again.

The slogan could be: MAKE THE FORUM GREAT AGAIN!
Last edited by Henry Jones Jr. on Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Re: Getting rid of old Moderators!!

Post by sammy the blade »

Are you volunteering to be a moderator?
2024 candidate for president
Henry Jones Jr.

sammy the blade wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:54 pm Are you volunteering to be a moderator?
Sure, and I see lot of other great folks like yourself who could do a great job at running this forum. People who care and leave their over inflated Macy’s Day parade balloon sized egos at the door.

There are knife shows and knife events every month if the year. Ever see any of the current moderators ever talk about them like listing events here or god forbid actually going to one?!? Never happens.

We can run a poll every December and vote in new mods every year to keep the hobby fresh. I think it would be a great thing for our hobby. And who wouldn’t want that?
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

'There's one in every bundle.."
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

The number one trait in a good moderator is a calm level head… This leaves you and me both out Charley.
Henry Jones Jr.

portlandmike wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:43 pm The number one trait in a good moderator is a calm level head… This leaves you and me both out Charley.
Why are you constantly harassing members of this forum?
Last edited by Henry Jones Jr. on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Jones Jr.

Billyfish wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:30 pm 'There's one in every bundle.."
It’s the only way things will continue to grow in this hobby. What are you ideas?
Last edited by Henry Jones Jr. on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Jones Jr.

portlandmike wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:43 pm The number one trait in a good moderator is a calm level head… This leaves you and me both out Charley.
Check your private message Mike
Henry Jones Jr.

Fastr19, JimBrown and Lucentcrow and Tom19176 would make great Moderators.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HENRY JONES JR, do you think your self qualified to make these dessions ??? i mean ,you've made 41 posts in 10 years of being a member here!!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Henry Jones Jr.

TRYKER wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm HENRY JONES JR, do you think your self qualified to make these dessions ??? i mean ,you've made 41 posts in 10 years of being a member here!!!
Yes I do, and who’s to say who is or who isn’t? That’s why a voting system would be great. I’m talking with ARATHAS who owns this forum so hopefully there will be changes soon.

The current mods never post knives or talk knives or ever but knives, so I’ll bet many of them would happily pass the torch to new enthusiastic members.

I think you would be a good mod yourself to be honest.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You mean moderators that are confessed snitches, like you?
People are laughing at you, Charley. Even the ones you sent PMs.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Henry Jones Jr.

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 pm You mean moderators that are confessed snitches, like you?
People are laughing at you, Charley. Even the ones you sent PMs.
The FBI weren’t laughing. They were dead serious. Better start hiding the hundreds of unregistered weapons at your house.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There are no "unregistered weapons" at my house, and I have nothing to hide.
Don't you know it's a felony to make false statements to law enforcement?
I was a federally licensed gun dealer for 20+ years. I know the gun laws and follow them to the letter.
Please get some help. What you are doing is far from normal, and its going to cause you problems.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Henry Jones Jr.

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 pm There are no "unregistered weapons" at my house., and I have nothing to hide.
Don't you know it's a felony to make false statements to law enforcement?
I was a federally licensed gun dealer for 20+ years. I know the gun laws and follow them to the letter.
Please get some help. What you are doing is far from normal.
Too late, what’s done is done.

“Was” being the key statement.so you attack people over and over and you think that’s “normal?”

Why dont you be a man and end this? You started it. But you mini ego won’t allow it.

You have my number. Give me a call. Seems your boy Mike is scared to.