I'll be heading off to TJ two weeks from tomorrow.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I'll be heading off to TJ two weeks from tomorrow.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This time I'll be spending about 29 hours, 50 minutes on the Greydog. Getting there is half the fun and the warm weather of northern Mexico has its appeal. I'll be stopping by the El Girasol (The Sunflower) gift shop to chat with Liza (the owner) and chat. The food and museums are great and the streets are always interesting (I'm going to eat more Chinese food for which the city is justly famous).

Since I'll be on the bus, I may find one of the "out the front" knives disguised as a pen. ($8-10) on the market.

Does anyone have any (legal) requests?
Fishtail Picklock
Genghis Khan

Re: I'll be heading off to TJ two weeks from tomorrow.

Post by Genghis Khan »

I understand that Tijuana used to be the source of most of the Rizzos coming here, but do they still sell switchblades there?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You sure are visiting Mexico alot lately, did you meet a seniorita?
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Genghis Khan wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:46 pm I understand that Tijuana used to be the source of most of the Rizzos coming here, but do they still sell switchblades there?

Yes, they still sell a bunch of cheap Chinese switchblades there (there are very few that we can't get here in the states).

Sammy: No, I have no interest in Mexican women. My reason(s) it that it is warmer, cheaper (food, lodging, entertainment, the beach) are all less expensive to access. I can blow off firecrackers without getting in trouble, (Yes, I am a big kid at heart). I'll be looking up another museum near the Zona Norte (Prostitution Zone). I'm in it for good, clean, cheap fun.

It is great to walk the boardwalk and duck in for some great food for a good 70 pesos ($3.71 USD).

Last, but not least, I am tired of the cold.

Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Cold is just starting, I don't like it either!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I would love to see pictures of what knives they do have for sale. It would be great if they did have some old Rizzys! lol
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:34 am I would love to see pictures of what knives they do have for sale. It would be great if they did have some old Rizzys! lol
Tom: It is all the Chinese stuff that sells on Blade Play for $15 -$20. Trust me, I'll be looking for a few "specialty items" but I don't have much hope.
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Pick up Sammy some spanish fly for his girlfriend Big Rita.
Fishtail Picklock

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:05 am Pick up Sammy some spanish fly for his girlfriend Big Rita.
The last Spanish Fly I saw in August was fighting a Kissing Bug from Guatemala over a Central American refugee. :o :P
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:05 am Pick up Sammy some spanish fly for his girlfriend Big Rita.
Rita will do it all for a Snickers bar, and twice if you throw in a bottle of Coke.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Pete just grinned and cracked a Corona.
sammy the blade

Hope he's hanging out with Jerry!
Fishtail Picklock

Ah, hanging on the Playa, eating great food, listening to the mariachis, taking in the salty air. Believe me, people. When you can do this all day for $15.00 + propina (tip) you are in a haven of rest that has no downside.

These are life's simple pleasures that you can enjoy without feelings of guilt or watching over your shoulder. Sweet, cheap, wholesome fun.
Fishtail Picklock