Is it possible??

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Is it possible??

Post by thom »

Bill, Is it possible to bring back the original silver shine on the bolsters to this knife? How? If possible would you do it? How much would it cost?
Thanks,
Thom
sammy the blade

Re: Is it possible??

Post by sammy the blade »

Like the grind on that blade!
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sure. Buy a tube of Simichrome polish, or NeverDull.
Use either very sparingly- being careful to make sure all residue is wiped from between the bolsters and handles, or any other crevices.
Costs about $15 shipped.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Be careful with Paul's work. That is nice. (I wanted him to make one for me, but I need to buy a car).
Fishtail Picklock
thom

Post by thom »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 am Be careful with Paul's work. That is nice. (I wanted him to make one for me, but I need to buy a car).
I own a couple of Burn's. You are right, I don't recommend buying a used one. I was curious if it could be made to look better. Buyer be ware.
Hamnjam

Post by Hamnjam »

Beautiful knife either way. A natural patina on a work of art may be better than a shiny piece? I love the grind, its very similar to my 10" campolin ram horn picklock. I wish my knives kept their shine but theres something i like about older knives in new condition with a nice aged and smooth patina. But once we polish them that new condition is gone forever no matter how shiny we make them.
tedmen

Post by tedmen »

Wonder what size belt grinder wheel Mr. Panak uses to grind his 9 and 11 inch blades.