PICTURES DO NOT LOAD IN ORDER! PLEASE HELP!

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Military Knives

PICTURES DO NOT LOAD IN ORDER! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Military Knives »

I posted to Talk Blade Revealed like you advised. I have not yet heard from them. Are you sure you don't know what to do?

I'm new to TalkBlade. When I load my pictures in order (1-2-3-4) they post backwards. When I try and put them in order, no luck. Please advise so that they post in the order I want.

Thanks,
~John Fischer~
Hamnjam

Re: PICTURES DO NOT LOAD IN ORDER! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Hamnjam »

I cant even post photos. My phone keeps telling me that 1 photo is apparently too large of a file to download?
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello!

Please post a message in this thread with 3 pics and add in which order they should appear so that I can have a look.

Michele.
Military Knives

I'm not sure what you want? I can't post pics to this thread?! Where does it allow this? All you have to do is go to the BLADE PICTURES. I have about 25 separate posts with my pictures. They are not in 1-2-3 order! The pic with the title in it is not in #1 position. It's obvious. Can you see the picture numbers, or maybe this can only be seen when attaching them? This is beyond frustrating at this point. Where on this 'Quick Reply" is a place to post pics?

Regards,
~John Fischer~
Military Knives

Here I have posted four pictures for you to see. They again are like the other 25 posts with pictures that I have posted to the BLADE PICTURES FORUM. I post them as 1-2-3-4-etc. and they post BACKWARDS 4-3-2-1! As I have said, I've tried to fix this, but they continue to come up Backwards! I feel I have a lot to contribute to your website, but this seemingly simple problem has required me to send repeated posts to you, Arthas, and Michele! Again, I beg you to give me the directions to FIX THIS. I've never seen this on any other website. I've been on Ebay since 1997, Guns International, Gun Broker, All About pocket Knives as well.

Sincerly

John Fischer
Military Knives
Attachments
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg (285.95 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg (516.41 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg (580.04 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg (518.29 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
Military Knives

Hello!

Please post a message in this thread with 3 pics and add in which order they should appear so that I can have a look.

Michele.
[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course the first thing I tried to fix this problem was to load them backwards (4-3-2-1) which made NO difference. See the "Add files" below. I think Arthas is involved now as well as I sent in frustration to him my concern. I only want to be a happy new member. What is this "Place inline" button mean? I click on it in an effort to reorder the picture sequence. All it does is paste it into the subject. Maybe that's all it means??

Come on Michele...make it happen. Please keep Arthas involved since he's a moderator.

Thanks,
~J~
Attachments
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg (285.95 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg (516.41 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg (580.04 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg (518.29 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 4.jpg (285.95 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 3.jpg (516.41 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 2.jpg (580.04 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg
Taylor Eye Witness 1.jpg (518.29 KiB) Viewed 11491 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Arthas and Michele are the same people.
Military Knives

whippersnapper wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:39 pm Arthas and Michele are the same people.

Arthas is a man from the picture, and I assume Michele is a woman's name? I'm confused.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Arthas is his screen name.
2024 candidate for president
Military Knives

Is "Arthas really a woman or man? This is very confusing! If he's a woman then he's really Michele as you previously stated, correct? I really don't have any prejudices either way. I grew up and live in Los Angeles, so most anything goes.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Attached pictures are difficult or impossible to control. If you edit the post and shift the order, it breaks the links. Most forums recommend or even insist on attachments which puts them on the same server as the forum, but then are limited to four or less for a total file size which seems to vary sligtly. Look at one of my posts with pictures in edit mode. I generally have more than four and can embed at will. You can cut and paste any of my pictures anywhere in your post and they will appear correctly. This is why I post pictures to a photoserver and link. It also tends to be faster to see when reading a post. Search my name and the word "pictures". I described the procedure in detail. The only thing different is now I use imgr which gives the files random names, so I have to experiment a bit. Pm after you play a big and if you have questions. If you are in USA you may want to call me on phone while experimenting. Good luck.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Military Knives

After several days of waiting for help from Michelle and/or Arthas to no avail, I finally figured it out myself posting pics from my computer in a special fashion. I don't use a Photoserver. I did years ago but stopped. I started buying and selling high condition Allied Military Fighting Knives from 1941-1975 on Ebay in 1997 and before. Before that at Gun/Knife Shows and the Military Knife community of dealers and collectors. I started 35 years ago with serious acquisition before the Internet became the way of the future and really help build my collection ten fold. I also like commercial knives that meet my interests. I was a member of the Randall Knife Society until it broke up after Rhett Stidham the founder died. Also the Oregon Knife Collectors Assoc.

I've been looking for a few high condition Rizzuto Estileto Milano knives like the one my Dad bought me in the early 1960's during a day trip to Tijuana when I was 12. Maybe you know of a source.

One of the members told me that Arthas and Michelle are one in the same? The pic of Moderator Arthas is a man. How can he be Michelle also? Although growing up and living in Los Angeles, nothing bothers me these days.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Regards,
~John Fischer~
Military Knives
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Michele/arthas is Italian man. Born, raised and resides in Italy. He is the owner and administrator of this site. I believe the name and spelling is common name in Italy like Mike or Michael is in the states.

Scroll up in this thread and you can see the post by arthas is signed Michele. That should be a clue they are the same people...lol