Help: Lever lock knife not opening

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stakehigh

Help: Lever lock knife not opening

Post by stakehigh »

I have recently gotten this knife from a relative and it seems to not be opening well. I have tried putting oil but it still seems to be getting stuck. I do not have much knowledge on knives, so that is why i am seeking help here.

The knife only opens as seen in the picture when the lever is pushed. It can be manually open.

sammy the blade

Re: Help: Lever lock knife not opening

Post by sammy the blade »

Try cleaning it out with WD40
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Like Sammy said flush it out. Let us know if your still having trouble opening the knife. Be sure to press the lever quickly and firmly. Sometimes pressing the lever slowly will cause the knife to deploy halfway.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
stakehigh

Post by stakehigh »

I have cleaned it out with WD40 this morning and left it for a couple of hours but it still didn't open. I also pushed the lever down quickly
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

stakehigh

Check Bill de Shivs forum and type in "Blade wont open "...Leverlock wont open" on the search whilst there.

Also post your query there .

There are too many fixes to give you one answer ..and you need some knowledge of the parts.

sear needs seating correctly
Blade pin too tight or loose
Blade sear hole needs cleaning..
New main spring needed as its weakened.

All the answers for these and methods are covered on the forum and with any luck Bill de shivs will take over and guide you as he has repaired and restored and built every type of leverlock from scratch.

He is your best bet for fixing it

I hope you do get it fixed without too much trouble .I cant see any picture to see its age or if it has blade peek when closed but pictures would help people to advise you better.

Good to meet you

gravknife
stakehigh

Post by stakehigh »

Thanks for the information gravknife. I'll post this on that forum and will be posting more pictures of the knife.