Survival knife!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Hombre

Survival knife!

Post by Hombre »

Got a parcel today.... Inside it was this one.... Should really appreciate opinions about it....

Best,
Stefan
IMG_6781 (2).JPG
IMG_6781 (2).JPG (70.86 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_6780 (2).JPG
IMG_6780 (2).JPG (133.97 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
IMG_6779 (2).JPG
IMG_6779 (2).JPG (124.35 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
gravknife

Re: Survival knife!

Post by gravknife »

Wonderful survival knife. 8)

Hackman blades are usually well tempered and even though stainless will hold a very decent edge.
Love thebladeshape reminds me of a Robert Parish survival knife that I owned some years back .
Great for chopping and easy to sharpen with a fairly good saw cut on the back.

I love that sheath aswell looks quite new to the knife is it the original or is it custom made ?

Made in the1960s I think and a very fine knife that doesn't show up in that condition very often.
I may be wrong here but weren't hackman knives used by the CIA in Vietnam? Or was that the butterfly type ....look up hackmans history Stefan.if you havnt already that is .

You have been coming up with some fantastic knives just lately....have you robbed a bank :lol:

Thanks for sharing it .

gravknife
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Thanks for your nice words, Ian!
I have heard different years when these were made but according to the Swedish author Anders L Dahlman in his book "The knife" they were made in Finland only a few years, 1968-1972 and launched in U.S.A by Firearms International. A Brazilian copy was made by Garcia but didn´t have the same quality.
About the sheath I unfortunately do not know yet....

No, Ian.... I haven´t robbed a bank.... I have just been lucky... :)

Best,
Stefan
Billy02

Post by Billy02 »

Its a great full tang, you should enjoy it while hunting.