Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Could be a square button and he was locking it open ...

You could design one with the safety above the button if you tried hard, but it would be elaborate, or have a really long ricasso.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JimBrown257 wrote:the artist was clearly using an actual knife for the drawing...how could he have gotten something that upper safety like wrong?

The only thing I could guess is that he wanted to have the detail of the safety on the knife but because the thumb would cover it up, he just moved it above the button.
Good point, it is so accurate that the artist had to change something because of copyright issues. I mean he could have just left the safety out but he has such an eye for detail he just misplaced it to save any hassles.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Viking45 wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:the artist was clearly using an actual knife for the drawing...how could he have gotten something that upper safety like wrong?

The only thing I could guess is that he wanted to have the detail of the safety on the knife but because the thumb would cover it up, he just moved it above the button.
Good point, it is so accurate that the artist had to change something because of copyright issues. I mean he could have just left the safety out but he has such an eye for detail he just misplaced it to save any hassles.
I see what it is now. the artist must have used something like a double-Schrade for the model, which would have a blade at each end and button/safety on each side. He must have had one blade open, but laid it on the table with the backside facing him. So from that perspective, it would have the button at the bottom and safety at the top. Of course, the button/safety he would have been looking at was actually the button for the other blade.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

John Wick Chapter two had some sort of Microtech. I believe it was an Ultratech but I wasn't sure. There was also a case full of various knives but you didn't get too good a look at them.
Attachments
John Wick 2.PNG
John Wick 2.PNG (379.92 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
John Wick 1.PNG
John Wick 1.PNG (471.56 KiB) Viewed 8003 times
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Season 1 episode 6 of Westworld had some kind of coil-spring tactical (maybe a Benchmade).
Attachments
Westworld S1E6.JPG
Westworld S1E6.JPG (75.9 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Came across a very cool old clip from Bad Day at Black Rock (1955)
The knife scene is at 3:38. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2o3QWwwQLI
Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (46.01 KiB) Viewed 7676 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (45.01 KiB) Viewed 7676 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Great scene!!!!!
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Watched the latest episode of "Fargo" tonight. The main bad boy character was opening Christmas presents with an approx. 9" stiletto. Looked like a Frank B. if I had to guess.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Not sure what movie this is from but the knife scene is at 2:47 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJjWOYvyTY#t=167.601
Attachments
Will.jpg
Will.jpg (105 KiB) Viewed 7511 times
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'm watching a documentary about Sonny Black (the Michael Madson character in Donnie Brasco). The opening segment features a 10.5" step-bolster Rizzuto.
Attachments
Step-bolster.PNG
Step-bolster.PNG (309.83 KiB) Viewed 7091 times
shursnap

Post by shursnap »

Hi, I just picked up an interesting movie prop switchblade that leaves a trail of blood as it moves! It's hand made by a movie prop department and measures 11" long. It looks like a 90's Italian bolster release stiletto and does not fold. I don't know what movie it might have been from, but I'd sure love to! It has a small rubber bulb in the handle that you fill with liquid and then squeeze as you run the knife across something. The liquid travels into the blade and drops through a channel in cutting edge to leave a trail. Looks like most of the images are gone from this thread and the odds seem against me, but I'm hoping that someone might remember seeing a "blood spurting" stiletto used in a movie... likely sometime after 1980 since it's a flat blade. Any help would be Greatly appreciated!
Life is not a destination.... but a journey. Don't forget to stop and smell the Roses as you go!

(Couldn't hurt to pick up a few switchblades along the way too! ) ;-)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

A pink sentient switchblade!
Attachments
Rick SB.JPG
Rick SB.JPG (98.88 KiB) Viewed 7025 times
monstro

Post by monstro »

Vagabund wrote:I've seen fist time a bargeon stiletto in a movie: The Marseille Contract (1974)
In Twelve Monkeys (1995) someone pulls a knife on Bruce Wills and Madeline Stowe, and i'm almost certain it's a Bargeon. Back lock type with the slightly asymmetrical blade, swedge black checked handles.

And not Bargeons... but i'm almost certain that "give me all your clothes" scene at the Griffith Observatory in the Terminator has at least one Begon in it. The backlock type, black checked handles, circa 3.5 inch blade. Cant get a good look, but that's what i think it is.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

From the 2017 version of Stephen King's "IT":
Some sort of OTF:
Drop Point Blade:
Kid places it against the victim and deploys (we all know what would REALLY happen, but, this IS Hollywood):

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks like a lightning
2024 candidate for president